Open Site Blathering (formerly Advice from iridium ITT)

*memories*

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

iamabadman
Defender of GRR
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby iamabadman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:46 am

The more I talk to them, the more it sounds like they're really serious about letting you guys back, if you didn't seem so much on edge.

i feel like they're saying this to you to make us look worse. remember they basically said 'fuck all that shit AZ did on the behalf of mod/user relations'

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:50 am

I think they're genuinely tired of the fighting and looking for a more permanent solution.

EDs:
Define on edge.
Ready to bite their heads off at any opportunity.

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:02 am

I think they're genuinely tired of the fighting and looking for a more permanent solution.
I thought that was what the Bans were :tinyteach: :apirate:

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:05 am

The more I talk to them, the more it sounds like they're really serious about letting you guys back, if you didn't seem so much on edge.
allowing us back or just... like... not either coming here to tell us nothing or flip all the shits at the drop of a hat would go a long way towards that.

even if sene comes across as ineffectual, it's not like his presence here is a negative thing and largely, although we crowd him, it's not like we attack him.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:10 pm

I've said it once and I've said it again. There should be no solutions, summits, etc. If they are going to unban us then they need to unban us. It's the fastest way for them to see if we meet their reforms/protocol and give us another chance on the site. If unbanned users don't work out then those users would be banned the same way any problem user is handled. Others probably will do just fine. I don't see what the all the waiting is about. This is not the Treaty of Versailles here. They're just doing the normal Salvation thing and sitting on the issue and hoping another issue arises that negates the first one.

Just this thread is an example:
n
- They say and you Azrael say that they want to let us back
- Nothing happens and we get restless and being humans on a discussion forum start discussing stuff such as the recent CI debate about WCT
- They point to our discussion and say we are not fit for society and Azrael says we are on edge and biting heads

It's so absolutely hilarious that nobody thinks we are blind to such tactics. This thread has essentially turned into the new version of the Gutter Staff Pegging Chamber, with approximately the same amount of input and results from the staff end. It takes a lot of gall to fault us for having raised hackles when we talk in this thread.

--

Unbanning us before Gatecrash is released would be polite, since a lot of us do like Magic, but instead Piggy wants to wait to get handed the conch shell. Spoiler alert: the great beast is all in their minds.
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:56 pm

Seriously, what a crock. If you're going to unban us then unban us.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:43 pm

I have always been working under the assumption that noone is going to be banned.

I mean lets face it, if we are getting these passive-agressive third-party jabs of "we are too scared to post and answer there except Sene who is a SYM warrior" like people post goatse here or something, I don't see why they would be so "bold" as to reverse their mistakes.

Maybe if we start posting ponies and rainbows ITT they will consider making a summit to vote a resolution for taking into consideration the unbanning of the least "aggressive" banned members under a one year probation with the conditions of the probation to be decided at a future summit.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:47 pm

I mean, I post here because I like calling a horse by its name, not because I'm holding my breath over an hypothetical unbanning (lol).

As Azrael put it, I know the staff ego's are too fragile for such bold decisions such as admitting mistakes (not only banning, the wasteland WCT has devolved into is another example, which is conveniently unrelated to any of us).

I wouldn't put behind the possibility of some minor unbannings (like Shalako, poggydude, even Madding) while keeping the trio of guttermods punished, but it would likely be some sort of divide and conquer strategy (we are unbanning these guys because its likely they acted on the bad influence of those guys over there who are staying in the corner with their dunce caps on).
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:48 pm

tl;dr: I will continue calling moral corruption by its name ITT everytime I see it. I have no horses in this race, so I'm in a fairly comfortable position.

It's not like I'm about to be banned from this site anywhere soon anyway :tongue:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Post #1000 on TBSYMTE :hifive:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:02 pm

I mean its fairly evident that the current administration is deeply entrenched in the Brezhnev age. We are still waiting for a Gorbatchev to step up over ther.

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:07 pm

I've said it once and I've said it again. There should be no solutions, summits, etc. If they are going to unban us then they need to unban us. It's the fastest way for them to see if we meet their reforms/protocol and give us another chance on the site.
It might happen, but the odds aren't good.

Let's remember that these are a bunch of MTG players. Chances are, an above average number of these people went through a school experience that was less than perfectly healthy. The occasional punch in the face to make some of them sensitive about violence. Negativity, insults, issues with self-esteem. When the gutter consistently trashes them, it's like high school all over again for them. A lot of them have a hard time coping with that, and they don't want to just take a chance that the gutterites will stop behaving like the kids they remember, they want evidence
and assurance that it won't continue going again, and that if they do unban you, the pain's going to be over. They're not especially interested in taking a gamble - it just strikes a lot of them as akin to suicide to let you back into arms reach, as you are right now.

On the other hand, there are some of them who recognize that the current state of affairs isn't a perfect, long-term solution either. There's still conflict, there's still ban evasion, there's still friction. And they're tired of that. They continue to think (despite my best efforts) that the exiles were more-or-less rightfully banned, like, they think it was maybe not iron-clad but it was at least within their rights to do it. But, they want the rift to end.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:13 pm

So why do you keep saying they want to do the right thing and then say the odds aren't good? I'm not sure what you're even talking about. Are you saying they want to have a long drawn out process because they love summits? Because we already know that.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:14 pm

I dont have a dog in this fight. I am only trying to tell you guys from a more moderate position what they're seeing.
Then shutthefuck up.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Seriosly, can we like remove harkius ci permissions? Remember when we asked onar to step off some since he didnt have a dog in the fight? Its time harkius get the same message.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:19 pm

I mean its cool. We can continue having fun in this thread (which is IMO still at his infancy), we can keep passive-agressive discussions by proxy/third-party and we can keep playing cat and mouse games with the gimmicks people set up to access CI.

It makes so much more sense than sitting up at a table and discussing issues. At the very least its way more hilarious.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Seriosly, can we like remove harkius ci permissions? Remember when we asked onar to step off some since he didnt have a dog in the fight? Its time harkius get the same message.
because we're better than MTGS? just put him in ignore if you don't like his posts?

Plus he makes some good points. I think some contributions of him are constructive.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Hes just so whiny and irrelevant and overplayed

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:09 pm

:/ I don't think Gals and Nai are cowards. But they don't seem to be gluttons for punishment, either.

If you guys call down for a minute, I don't think you'll find TCM is being unreasonable here, at all.

If you're a mod on a forum, you don't punish people for behavior that took place elsewhere, but if you're deciding what to do about conduct that took place on your site I can hardly say it doesn't make sense to take behavior from elsewhere into account when deciding whether to let someone back in who might go on a rampage, and use whatever evidence (twitter, facebook, their blog, whatever) in making that decision.

I did that myself, as admin, and I'd do it again. You have a job to do - to protect the site from people who want to mess it up. If
it's a good enough tactic for law enforcement, it's good enough for me.

Kpaca and a lot of other people should never have been banned to begin with. I think that's pretty painfully clear. And I think that because that's the case, the behavior that's taken place since then ought to be ignored. It should not matter - the initial actions were invalid and that clearly and understandably antagonized everyone here.

But if I were focused solely on your guys' attitude alone, and I wasn't paying attention to how you guys came to be so (rightfully) PO'd to begin with - I'd be pretty hesitant about letting you guys back in too. Obviously, you guys are not happy about what's happened and you're not ready to forgive. That much makes sense - and it is something that's completely under your control.

Humiliating to cave in, when the initial bans were unjustified? Sure. But I take them at their word that they'd let you back in, if you weren't lashing out at most any staff member who comes within reach.
If you don't want to bend the knee on principle, I can respect that. But at the very least, if people want to have their appeals taken seriously, they need to chill out and quit taking the most pessimistic possible assessment of the staff at every turn. However bad it's been with them, and it's been pretty bad, it's not as bad as you guys are fond of saying it is. Like, they're not a cabalistic group of corrupt Bond villains, people. They're just a bunch of guys.
I have to admit that I also use info from other sites to make opinions of members who I want on my place. Every site does this.

and honestly some of guys are being impractical and confrontational. The fact that Cold monarch ( The Guardian) even answers a troll means that he is willing to answer any complaints you guys have.

If you guys don't wish to go back to MTGS, at least respect those that do and the few in the staff that are willing to listen and try.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:43 pm

I have always been working under the assumption that noone is going to be banned.

I mean lets face it, if we are getting these passive-agressive third-party jabs of "we are too scared to post and answer there except Sene who is a SYM warrior" like people post goatse here or something, I don't see why they would be so "bold" as to reverse their mistakes.

Maybe if we start posting ponies and rainbows ITT they will consider making a summit to vote a resolution for taking into consideration the unbanning of the least "aggressive" banned members under a one year probation with the conditions of the probation to be decided at a future summit.
[img]http://www.
costumesupercenter.com/s7/mediumlarge/LA28116[/img]

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 pm

close enough ^
I just shit post and get blocked on the twatters

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Still trying to find a picture of a unicorn that's okay to post. Some of those pictures, man... poor, poor Rainbow Dash. :no:

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Turn on safe search at that point.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:09 pm

You shouldn't know the names of any unicorns

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Or take the girl pic and add a unicorn horn to it.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:14 pm

Or take the girl pic and add a unicorn horn to it.
Yeah, there's a couple of those... oh wait you mean on her head?

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:17 pm

Current MTGS administration:
I'm sorry I used my anger over my friends being banned and mutual misinformation (we both operated on information we had incorrect, this fact is a wash) in an attempt to undermine negotiations for selling your website to curse. The beautification process you guys were enforcing looked to me to be harmful to the site beyond just gutter discussion, but I overstepped my bounds by assuming the worst, conflagrating the situation, and letting my emotions get the better of me.

I am sorry I have at times not been more patient with you and have lost my patience with you (and other members). Your responses and decisions are slow and processes generally move glacially, but there are far more people on MTGS than just me and many of them are trying to talk to you individually, including a mass of others also active in discussions alongside me. Many times talking to you I feel ignored, and as has been
mentioned often, it sucks to be made to feel like you don't matter. Still, I could be more patient instead of less patient.

These are the issues I believe I've had with you collectively in the past. I want to move past these issues I've been at fault for. This is my attempt to move past them.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:36 pm

dear iridium,

i'm not banned. go fuck yourself.

i dont speak for the others

love, Randall T.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:08 pm

The MTG Salvation Forums database has encountered a problem.

Is it allright your end Sene ?

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:10 pm

It's been down for almost a day, I believe the rumor is that the summit about unbanning kpaca got too passionate and the site broke

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 pm

It's been down for almost a day, I believe the rumor is that the summit about unbanning kpaca got too passionate and the site broke
:rofl:

My educated guess is that there will be new stuff on the site.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Or something malicious occurred. :sherlock:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:17 pm