Open Site Blathering (formerly Advice from iridium ITT)

*memories*

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:31 am

@Appealing: Why the hell aren't you guys just doing that? What possible damage could come from it?
Speaking for myself, I would never appeal to this staff because I lost all my trust in their capability of exerting a fair judgement. I base myself on my last appeal for that idiotic suspension for "posting on behalf a suspended member" after I quoted a joke from someone who turned out to be suspended at the time I quoted the joke. Since I don't trust them to admit their mistakes, I wouldn't bother wasting my time personally.

Furthermore, some bannings are so scandalous (the banning of kpaca being at the forefront) that I consider one being required to appeal it borderline insultuous as opposed to having the people in charge just
admit their mistake and simply reversing an illegitimate decision without further hassle and summits.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:35 am

Sene, I am sure I speak for not only myself when I say that the idea of "appealing" in the official sense sounds like people who don't like us just want to see us jump through hoops like trained circus animals. I've already laid out my case publicly for you and Boubs as well as all the guests who are likely admins anyways. Cannot you just consider this entire ordeal one long appeal? :/
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:39 am

Sene, I can't find your AIM contact. :-/

Harkius, that's no secret, we do that on Tuesdays.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:40 am

I know that I'm likely not getting an answer, but I was always curious on why Sene decided to resign from staff at the time of the mass bannings if he considers every single of them to be legitimate (and only being appealable on the grounds of leniency) as he stated somewhere over here. Why resigning if the staff took the correct measures? :confused:
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:41 am

scapegoat effect. Even if it wasnt ment to be.
I just shit post and get blocked on the twatters

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:42 am

Anybody who's ever watched Sene play Magic knows that he's quite capable of changing his mind. ;p

Sene

Postby Sene » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:53 am

Anybody who's ever watched Sene play Magic knows that he's quite capable of changing his mind. ;p
Meh, you don't have the :happy?: smily? Meaning: dunno what you mean by this.

Also I resigned from staff because I was internet mad.

Madding: if you don't want to appeal, then you probably have to wait till we've talked things through with Boubouille and the mass unban thing happens (or not).

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:56 am

Oh, I think it's :stupid: here. (stupid)

I'm saying it's funny when people put you on tilt.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:03 am

Madding: if you don't want to appeal, then you probably have to wait till we've talked things through with Boubouille and the mass unban thing happens (or not).
I'll wait. But also you could just go back and say, 'Let's do it this way this one time because this is a situation that won't come up again.'

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:13 am

For the record, Kpaca, I rebumped the appeals thread I made for you in the staff inbox recently.

Last time I heard, end of November, I was supposed to stay tuned for further updates.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:17 am

Lol, you remember when I went all Emo and had that whole "silence" phase even after you made the Staff Inbox specifically to deal with what I was whining about, Az? Good times gone by, eh?

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:25 am

jesus fucking christ nailed to the fucking cross i told you fucks to ignore kcw.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:26 am

Sene, I similarly haven't appealed for the reasons outlined by Madding and Az in their last two posts. My last appeal was something like 3 pages of text with roughly 12 posts I didn't make. Many of my posts were bumps or adding additional support for my case since I wasn't sure if the previous post was clear or left holes unfilled (and I had no idea what the case was because no one was responding to me or making it known I was being heard).

I get that a lot of dialog happens behind closed doors in situations like that out of necessity, but there's a difference between "some" and "all of".

I would not want to repeat that hair-pullingly frustrating experience again in a situation where we've both clearly laid out that both sides were wrong.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:27 am

Talore go to bed

Talore
Newcomer

Postby Talore » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:47 am

I don't sleep
Good callout.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:58 pm

I'm waiting.
no fucking way I'm wasting my time with the sham that is the appeals process on sally

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Hey guys i tried to reappael like sene said and instead of unbanning me the staff admitted im banned for not being a "force of good" and being critical of the staff on mtgs as well as elsewhere (aka this site).

Az, please get this info to boubs, nai doesnt seem likely to give him my contact info.
Originally posted by Nai on MTGS
Probations have nothing to do with the new ban policy. As such, an appeal on validity is denied.

Furthermore, we're very much aware that you have evaded your ban multiple times since you first appealed it, and, as such, you would still be banned even with the new rules.

What you may do is appeal your ban based on leniency, showing that you're a force of good that will improve our site with your return. Essentially, are you worth unbanning?

One thing to keep in mind is that suspensions (and, thanks to the new appeals policy, bannings) are
meant to give you time to change and become a better person for the site. The staff is well aware of multiple evasions on your part, and your general attitude towards us in this appeals thread and elsewhere. Please keep this at the front of your mind as you write up your appeal.

As for Boubouille, I'll give him your contact info when he's next online.
My probation was for "evading suspension", but that probation is now proven to be illegitamate, as my supposed "suspension evasion" (of accidentally voting in a poll mind you) under new rules would involve an added week suspension not instead of some "lenient" probation. Denying your appeal on validity after one admin tells us to come appeal on another website is laughable.

Also I defy you to proveto me that I evaded my suspension multiple times. This is a patently false lie, and I addressed this with er to no response earlier in this thread.

Whats even worse is your implication that I am
remaining banned as I am questinonable not a force of good, implying i'm some sort of evil. Go fuck yourself.

Even worse than that is the assertion that a reason I am to be banned is or a general attitude toward you guys elsewhere? Youll have to excuse my ire at being painted a villain, kroenn, and being railroaded in a kangaroo court of appeals all at once, however my attitude should not have anything to do with the unjustness or invalidity of this ban.

I will not get on my knees and beg to be allowed in based on how much ill smile after when the truth is my ban never should of happened to begin with and you continue to just ignore these points and pretend as a group that what happened makes sense for the sake ofmeither being right or "finally winning" some cockamimi war with the gutter (entwine)

And i believe there are ways boubs can reveive my info even while he is not logged into mtgs, yeah? Thanks tiger.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Also harkius is a bag of hot air we should ban him from mtgc ci lol #staff

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Hey guys i tried to reappael like sene said and instead of unbanning me the staff admitted im banned for not being a "force of good" and being critical of the staff on mtgs as well as elsewhere (aka this site).

Az, please get this info to boubs, nai doesnt seem likely to give him my contact info.
Originally posted by Nai on MTGS
Probations have nothing to do with the new ban policy. As such, an appeal on validity is denied.

Furthermore, we're very much aware that you have evaded your ban multiple times since you first appealed it, and, as such, you would still be banned even with the new rules.

What you may do is appeal your ban based on leniency, showing that you're a force of good that will improve our
site with your return. Essentially, are you worth unbanning?

One thing to keep in mind is that suspensions (and, thanks to the new appeals policy, bannings) are meant to give you time to change and become a better person for the site. The staff is well aware of multiple evasions on your part, and your general attitude towards us in this appeals thread and elsewhere. Please keep this at the front of your mind as you write up your appeal.

As for Boubouille, I'll give him your contact info when he's next online.
My probation was for "evading suspension", but that probation is now proven to be illegitamate, as my supposed "suspension evasion" (of accidentally voting in a poll mind you) under new rules would involve an added week suspension not instead of some "lenient" probation. Denying your appeal on validity after one admin tells us to come appeal on another website is laughable.

Also I defy you to proveto me that I evaded my
suspension multiple times. This is a patently false lie, and I addressed this with er to no response earlier in this thread.

Whats even worse is your implication that I am remaining banned as I am questinonable not a force of good, implying i'm some sort of evil. Go fuck yourself.

Even worse than that is the assertion that a reason I am to be banned is or a general attitude toward you guys elsewhere? Youll have to excuse my ire at being painted a villain, kroenn, and being railroaded in a kangaroo court of appeals all at once, however my attitude should not have anything to do with the unjustness or invalidity of this ban.

I will not get on my knees and beg to be allowed in based on how much ill smile after when the truth is my ban never should of happened to begin with and you continue to just ignore these points and pretend as a group that what happened makes sense for the sake ofmeither being right or "finally winning" some cockamimi war with the gutter (entwine)

And i believe
there are ways boubs can reveive my info even while he is not logged into mtgs, yeah? Thanks tiger.
Oh, this is the new appeal process? It sounds exactly like the old appeal process. Thanks, Sene, but no thanks.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:16 pm

So according to Nai, everyone essentially lost their chance at being unbanned because people have been complaining here on how their bans have been a dick move?

Got it. :bravo:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:23 pm

I stand by my opinion: whoever on staff keeps coming up and resorting to these pathetic loopholes in order to have to avoid dealing with the mess they made and fixing their own mistakes is by definition morally corrupt. This is self evident. <======== Opinion of one more guy who has been railroaded (not to say slandered; -malicious, scumbag, etc...-) by the staff of Salvation, but just about lost any chance at being unbanned because he insists in pointing out that he has been railroaded by the staff. Its the perfect plan. :V

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:27 pm

(Its a good thing we ended up making a new website where we can't be harassed and infracting by the staff when we complain about having been treated unfairly).

I know it must annoy a lot of people that we can't be carded or punished for our posts. I know it must really suck and I apologize in advance, but this town simply has a different kind of Sheriff hanging around :shrug:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:30 pm

The thing is, now that I know I can post without being harassed at every juncture, I'm usually feeling more lighthearted, and this is a good thing right? ^_^

This cannot be said enough, thanks to everyone for making this such an awesome and tight-knit community. You guys are the best, gobless as Thrillho would put it.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:47 pm

So according to Nai, everyone essentially lost their chance at being unbanned because people have been complaining here on how their bans have been a dick move?

Got it. :bravo:

how i feel about those guys

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 pm

So, I've been busy with RL.

Have we heard anything back from boubs? I think not, but I want to make sure.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

We heard back to say sorry we haven't heard back.

ein

Postby ein » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:16 pm

General attitude towards MTGS while on other sites counts? So, uh, are they now banning every MTGS poster who posts on any other site then? Because, let's be honest, MTGS is pretty much the laughingstock of all magic-related sites.
Last edited by ein on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:17 pm

We heard back to say sorry we haven't heard back.
:(
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:30 pm

how i feel about those guys

Don't criticize the way things are managed on MTGS on other sites badman! :o

You gon' get lynched!

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:44 pm

General attitude towards MTGS while on other sites counts? So, uh, are they now banning every MTGS poster who posts on any other site then? Because, let's be honest, MTGS is pretty much the laughingstock of all magic-related sites.
Not banned yet , but as you know I am pretty vocal..

and Nai , you will be hearing from me personally and when I complain boub.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:52 pm

And yet PinkFloyd is not banned for giving his account for other banned members to use.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:56 pm

Also, they know that I am a banned member there, and know what my gimmick is with 13 posts, but for some reason they have not banned it. Not that I intend to cause trouble over there as I have explained to Sene.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:56 pm

As I said, Boubouille seems to have his head on his shoulders, and while it would be a terrible move for the stability of that site getting the things that need fixed done (booting half of the corrupt staff) I do hope people over Curse start doing the correct thing and slowly trimming the bad apples one by one, then maybe in a year or so people will stop being harassed with infractions and suspensions everytime they point out in CI that maybe, maybe one thing or two can stand to be fixed/reformed in the intervals the staff can make from being so awesome.

By the same metric, I only expect one or two of the minor unbans to occur in the near-future (because it would be a crime against humanity to have someone finally admit that the staff made a mistake), but I hope that down the line we can have a nice chat with reasonable people like Boubs, without any of the old corrupted staff members staring from behind our shoulders.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:01 pm

In any case Boubouille, thank you for having taken the time to come and try to mend things here, we really appreciated your level-headed demeanor in this whole ordeal, and I totally understand why it is not possible to fix things at this juncture, because corrupt or not, you still need to work with this staff for the time being. If I were in your place I wouldn't have risked antagonising the staff who happens to be running the place either, just because a couple of guys who got the wrong end of the stick.

I have just a small pet peeve with you, I would really appreciate if we could close this issue with the sql dumps, I understand why this is not hapenning, so closure in the form of a definite No would be appreciated and I surely wouldn't hold it against you. :)

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:06 pm

I rather post on the Blizzard forums... That pretty much sums up how I feel about mtgs. Well I think my account is up for a good sacrifice.

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:07 pm

And by Sacrifice I mean by not holding back when speaking up. if they ban me only shows how petty they have become.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:11 pm

And by Sacrifice I mean by not holding back when speaking up. if they ban me only shows how petty they have become.
Why are you trying to make this point still?

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:13 pm

Cause some would actually think OMG he gonna hacks.

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Still i actually feel shitty after reading the reason the appeal was denied

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:17 pm

If you're not banned from Salvation then I personally can't see why you'd be in CI at all. Don't be vocal or troll or speak your mind, getting banned at this juncture is really not a noble anything and you will regret it if at some point Boubs makes that website a good and decent place hang around or visit. In sum don't become a CI Warrior. It looks like a shit job.

Return to “Blathering Archives”