WePick Mafia (roflstomp)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Stardust » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:45 pm

Yeah we're not lynching Dechs today, that is not going to happen
Pussy. ;-)
Whats the case on kaze?
viewtopic.php?p=242598#p242598

@hammy, that was imopen2 who first called me Professor Stardust in... Checkbox Mafia. He was scum and I was town.
҉

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:47 pm

Yeah we're not lynching Dechs today, that is not going to happen
Pussy. ;-)
You are what you eat :unibrow:

Teriyaki Tabby cat is the best

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:16 pm

I've played against scum Kaze before and his tone here seems different, almost like he doesn't care that people are thinking him scummy. Is this a scum tell for anyone? When I play as town, I'm much more willing to look scummy in the short term because I'm confident in my flip and long term play revealing me to be town. I know he's dealing with some personal stuff right now, which is probably why he's not posting. It's not helping his wagon though.
I agree that Kaze is usually quite aggressive. What do you make of him attacking Dechs so strongly only to drop it completely for no reason?
DK's reaction to Stardust's case on him is both similar and different to his reaction to me accusing him in Gone Postal. In that one he calmly responded to me, showed some amount of contrition and confusion, and acted the way I expected a townie would. In this game, I read his responses as very emotional and agitated.
I just want to point out that Dechs has never been under heavy pressure. Your case on him in Gone Postal (as I recall) was thorough, but not aggressive, so don't draw too close a comparison. He's offering himself up for lynch here, which some scum players tend to do. He also did exactly that in Gone Postal immediately after replacing in (though not under pressure, so it's a completely different situation - though it does show that it's the first thing on his mind when he wants to appear more townie).
҉

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:21 pm

My accusations are probably less frightening than yours, so that could explain the difference in tone. I forgot to mention that he suggested we lynch him immediately in Postal, but the thought did occur to me.

I'll look at the Kaze-DK interactions again. I thought the whole "my vote is still on you right? Cool" thing was really weird, especially since he was voting Red.

Also curious why DK hasn't pressed Kaze for role information like he did with you.

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:46 pm

48 hour extension will be given if 5 or more players (majority) want it, given it's a prerelease weekend.

If no majority lynch has been achieved by deadline, a No Lynch will occur.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know if you're being lied to?

The answer? Use a gun. And if that don't work... use more gun.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:59 pm

I want an extension. I don't have time to read the last page right now but I will tomorrow
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:06 pm

I'd appreciate an extension, thanks Pie.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Same

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks Red. If it came to deadline, I take it you'd be willing to lynch either Kaze or Wraith?
Right now I'd probably go for Kaze.
I don't know of the "personal reason" ham mentioned, he suddenly appeared to be not involved with the game at all then disappeared, and that just doesn't mix with his jumpy start.

I'd prefer performing a proper ISO on Wraith before that, though.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:39 pm

+1 for the extension.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Decent town block we've got going on here (yes ham, you can be a part of that too). I like our chances this game.
҉

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Extension granted. Good luck to those playing in a prerelease! :toot:

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:36 pm

Thanks Red. If it came to deadline, I take it you'd be willing to lynch either Kaze or Wraith?
I don't know of the "personal reason" ham mentioned, he suddenly appeared to be not involved with the game at all then disappeared, and that just doesn't mix with his jumpy start.

Go for it! Also explain to me what that is? :eyebrow: Was it the stardust
review of kaze and DK? Would be really cool to see a read on me anyway that stardust did. Although, it's a lot of material for only day 1 to make a call on. Not sure how valid the other are when I think about it.

I don't see a DK lynch happening and won't vote for him today. Later days with his intel will tell whether he is town. No one has counter claimed either. Stardusts case of kaze is good but the it drifts to a DK lynch in the end. I never saw where kaze requested a claim when red came close to vote. Did I miss that? If not, why did he not ask if he was the serious guy? I never did cause i find that most folks asking for a claim are scum even though I have been wrong way to many times on that.

Am I the only one who did not want the extension? Thought it is maybe detrimental to scum who maybe on the block or being heavily cased.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:46 pm

'Cause that totally worked to keep you quiet, right? I think I know you well enough to know exactly what I was getting into when I voted you without giving a reason. Creating something big enough to get everyone discussing it was the reason I postponed giving those reasons in the first place (though even that didn't really work). If there's one thing you're good at, it's making things a big deal.
:rofl: the first sentence is so true. You only think you know me. :artist: making a big deal of things I find scummy is the job of a towns right?
Why do you say an extension would
be favourable for me in particular? We've got (three? four?) competing wagons with about 30 hours to deadline. People need time to make the right choice. I suspect that if it got rushed right now, Kaze would likely be the lynch mostly because he hasn't posted in the past couple days. I'm not sure whether he's hiding or just busy, but it certainly doesn't help his case.
Answered first question in earlier post. What is a wagon to you? 2 votes? 1 vote? Sadly, I lost a good scum buddy in gone postal mafia from player inactivity, thus is see your point on possibly lynching kaze. A deadline lynched scum last game, and me bussing his ass. Are you bussing Kaze, but at the same time asking for the deadline?
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:48 pm

Edit, the sentences with smileys should be bolded and the word "towns" should be "towny".
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:00 pm

making a big deal of things I find scummy is the job of a towns right?
Sure. It's not a bad thing, though it's not necessarily townie either. Scum make a big deal of things too, though often in different ways. How you went about pushing back at me was a big factor in me eventually calling you town.
What is a wagon to you? 2 votes? 1 vote?
What I really meant was that we've got 5 players being seriously considered for a lynch (at least by someone): me, you, Kaze, Dechs and Red. We need time to sort that out.
Are you bussing Kaze, but at the same time asking for the deadline?
Uh, no.
҉

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:37 pm

I agree with stardust, focusing the towns efforts into a selected pool and going from there seems like the line right now

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:44 pm

making a big deal of things I find scummy is the job of a towns right?
Sure. It's not a bad thing, though it's not necessarily townie either. Scum make a big deal of things too, though often in different ways. How you went about pushing back at me was a big factor in me eventually calling you town.
What is a wagon to you? 2 votes? 1 vote?
What I really meant was that we've got 5 players being seriously
considered for a lynch (at least by someone): me, you, Kaze, Dechs and Red. We need time to sort that out.
Are you bussing Kaze, but at the same time asking for the deadline?
Uh, no.
Ok. I can live with that for now.
unvote

Will read through on kaze again and sleep on it. :unibrow:
I never grasped Kaze on a correct read on Durp mafia. If ham thinks I am hard to read; kaze is just as hard to me.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:19 am

Go for it!
Also explain to me what that is? :eyebrow: Was it the stardust review of kaze and DK? Would be really cool to see a read on me anyway that stardust did. Although, it's a lot of material for only day 1 to make a call on. Not sure how valid the other are when I think about it.

I don't see a DK lynch happening and won't vote for him today. Later days with his intel will tell whether he is town. No one has counter claimed either. Stardusts case of kaze is good but the it drifts to a DK lynch in the end. I never saw where kaze requested a claim when red came close to vote. Did I miss that? If not, why did he not ask if he was the serious guy? I never did cause i find that most folks asking for a claim are scum even though I have been wrong way to many times on that.

Am I the only one who did not want the extension? Thought it is maybe detrimental to scum who maybe on the block or
being heavily cased.
Nice self-awareness here, bro.

I was planning to quickly read the last messages before going to bed (it's 4 am here), but this is really funny.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:46 am

Vote LMD

because ISO.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:31 am

Kazekirimaru has been prodded.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Vote LMD

because ISO.
Did you read into Kaze yet? What did you think? Is Wraith still scum? What about Dechs?
҉

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:37 am

Alright, so I spent some time away to just cool off and give this whole thread a re-read. Now that I'm a lot less emotional, let's see if I can be constructive.

Unvote

@Stardust - I was being overly critical of little things. I don't like the way you barn'd with Kaze in the beginning then just dusted off. I didn't like the answer you gave me for my question either, but I realize now that it was just an inappropriate question.* You also admitted that you voted me before even reading the game, but I can't hardly hold that against you because it's what I did with Red. Most everything else I was eyeing as scum tell was just confirmation bias blended with a little outrage and inner frustration. What really sells me is your request for an extension. There's no reason scum would want that while the wagons were still so disjoint.

*Just for clarification: I was only asking what role you picked
in the set up, not what your role was or whether you got the role you asked for. I had figured the question was tame/innocent enough. I was looking to get inside your head early on, see how you were approaching this game and maybe have some information for later if you slipped up and told people whether Pie picked your role or your alignment. I mean, it kinda worked. You gave me a sarcastic answer, which does tell me things. I'm betting you did get the chosen role handed to you and that it's an ability worth protecting from the scum team. I think I remember seeing something from you in the past that you like to play Doctor roles. Putting two and two together leads me to you being a town doc. This is just a personal guess; I don't want confirmation on it. Maybe after the game.

Ok, on to things I've been picking up as I read through again:
Kaze - Overly pushy with Red. Seemed as though he was trying to confuse me early (it worked). Disappeared near the deadline (hoping for a no-lynch and an excuse &
quot;I voted, not my fault you guys didn't lynch"). He also said his vote was on me when it wasn't. He is still pushing the Red wagon, long after being the only person voting it and while he was still active.
Red - Didn't even notice that I was the one who put him at L-1. Tells me he's not self aware.
Imopen - Was pretty determined to defend Red and break up the wagon. This is actually the exact same move I did entering the game as scum in Gone Postal. I'm not saying I think Imopen is scum; more that Red is town.
Rez - He's acting very much like he did in Gone Postal as town. It's sporadic and doesn't leave much material to judge him with. I'm not exactly comfortable with it, but it's hardly anything I could say is scummy.

So, that's all the certainty I have. We need to push some kind of wagon before day ends. Right now, I'm most comfortable with hanging Kaze. He looks the scummiest from what I can see, and in the worst case, he's a townie who's tunneling hard and not really being
helpful.

Vote Kaze
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:55 am

Also curious why DK hasn't pressed Kaze for role information like he did with you.
this strikes me as a good question. still not lynching DK toDay tho.

still catching up...might fall asleep due to nyquil

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:10 pm

Because why keep try a tactic that isn't getting me anywhere?

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:21 pm

Ok, caught up. No posts from kaze? Let's get this done before the deadline, guys...

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Ok, caught up. No posts from kaze? Let's get this done before the deadline, guys...
:no:

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:30 pm

A no lynch is bad for town. Either vote kaze or give a good reason why we should vote someone else

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:14 am

Vote Kaze

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:15 am

You realize pie gave us an extention till Tuesday, if the town wants to lynch kaze, fine let's do that (I need to review the case dust linked me, but I still read him town) but let's let the player whose been proded respond first

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:18 am

Oh shit, I read that as 5 day extention, not 48 hours, my bad

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:20 am

Well that certainly changes things a bit

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:08 am

Yeah, the extension was to get us through the prerelease weekend, which is almost over. I haven't seen Kaze anywhere on the site, and certainly not in here.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:18 am

we aren't seriously going to miss this deadline, are we? get in here and vote you scumbags

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:27 am

VC 1.9

Kaze (4) - imopen, Stardust, Dechs, ham
Wraith (1) - LMD
Red (1) - Kaze
LMD (1) - rezombad
Not Voting (2) - Red, Wraith

9 alive, 5 to lynch. Deadline is Monday, July 14th, at 5:30 PM Eastern.

Kaze hasn't picked up his prod PM. He has ~2 hours to post before he's replaced. If there needs to be a replacement, the deadline will be extended to ~48 hours after the time of the replace-in. If there's no replacement by deadline, we're just gonna sit tight for a bit til we get one.

Modnote - VC has been edited; some votes were out of order.
Last edited by InflatablePie on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:45 am

I've reread things over and stumbled on this gem:
Hm.

Dechs wagon has Red on it - my other scumread, and a neutral.

Red wagon has a townie on it and myself.

Never mind. Yeah. I'll stay here.
Vote Kazekirimaru.

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:33 am

VC 1.10

Kaze (5) - imopen, Stardust, Dechs, ham, Red
Wraith (1) - LMD
Red (1) - Kaze
LMD (1) - rezombad
Not Voting (2) - Wraith

That's a lynch!

Kazekirimaru has been lynched. He was a Mafia Bus Driver.
During the Night, you may target any two players, including yourself. Actions targeting the first player that same Night would instead target the second player, and vice-versa.
It is now Night 1. Please do not post. Submit any night actions to me within 48 hours; deadline is Wednesday, July 16th at 3:30 AM EST. If you have an action and do not wish to use it, let me know as a courtesy.

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:47 am

It is now Day 2.

No one has died.

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch (4 to No Lynch). Deadline is Wednesday, July 30th at 3:30 PM EST (12 hour extension granted because that's way easier for me than a 3:30 AM one).

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:20 am

Well, that's just great.

I got roleblocked. It was very early in the Night. I'm guessing it was Red, because he's the only one that's on at that hour. I wasn't worried because I figured that would clear me in the morning when someone died even though I was blocked. Well, we must have a doctor who targeted the right guy because I'm not the scum that was going to kill anyone. Either way, I've acted the scummiest and now not a soul will believe me. So be it.

Before you guys hang me, though, I want to clarify something: I never claimed I was a cop. That's a word you guys used. I said that I would target someone and in the morning I would know what their alignment and role was, that I could prove it and that you all would believe me. Maybe some of you put 2 and 2 together right and realized the only way that happens is if we get a Role PM when I'm done. When you guys said cop, I never corrected you. But I'm no cop.
n
I'm a vigilante. I was vague about that part because I didn't want to get night killed or role blocked by scum team.

Well, I got role blocked, but I don't believe it was by the scum team. Whoever role blocked me saw that we hung one scum dude and said "Dechs is scummy, if I role block him, it will save us from the night kill." To be fair, it did save you from my night kill, it's just that mine is a town motivated one. Something else saved you guys from the scum night kill. You guys can confirm all this after you hang me.

I don't care right now what you think of me. I want you guys to hang me. It'll confirm everything I've said. Between that and the voting on day one, you ought to be able to solve this game.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:26 am

Also, Ham is totally on your side now that it's probably 6:1:1. He's not going to take scum's side for at least two Days. Listen to Ham and his gut. In Gone Postal, his gut was right but my reasoning managed to fool him.

Return to “Completed Games”