Gone Postal Mafia - Game Over - Scum Win

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby RedNihilist » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:43 pm

At this point of the game I wouldn't be surprised if C_P was a godfather, honestly.
My only game as scum was Fire and Ice where I replaced in - go see for yourself.

---------

I'm okay with lynching Wraith.
If you want to lynch me, go ahead, I'm fed up with this game - OH NO! WAIT! Let's slow down some more! That's working!

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:14 am

At this point of the game I wouldn't be surprised if C_P was a godfather, honestly.
... Wouldn't that be an awesome twist? CP, the mod "confirmed" townie, is actually scum.
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:16 am

After Jack flipped town, my mind was in a dark place and dreamed up that very scenario.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:17 am

It would certainly explain why the scum team never night killed him.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:19 am

Don't do this to me, Stardust :gonk:

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:51 am

To solve this game we need to answer the question of "Why is LMD still alive?"

Was he protected scum, or was Ham lying about his ability?

We know Jack's claim is cleared. He had the ability to make Ham untargetable and I verified that Jack's ability worked. Ham claimed he sent the mail.

Ham, if you had a a bomb, your ability could not have been interfered with on your end. Tell me how LMD dodged it. Make me believe you weren't lying about the ability all along.

LMD, did you ever receive the "your head asplode" mail? If you didn't, what do you think happened to it? Explain how you survived without being scum.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:07 pm

No I didn't

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:26 pm

As far as why I didn't die, wraith is likely scum, based on jack and wraiths roles, no way both are on the same team, and jack flipped town.

And I know your scum as there is no way town would post about c_p being scum

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:54 pm

Received mail from ham

Sent mail to nihilist and c_p

vote wraith
I roleblocked you again. :smileup:

Here is the good news. I thought you and Iso were team buddies, thus my suspicion of you is lowered slightly. Either you are the town whipping boy or the greasiest scum ever. I am leaning towards the former now.

So I am officially confused as shit. C_P did get whacked? I thought scum always killed confirmed town? The claimed sort of doc was lynched and that should have left the door open to an easy NK. Three things I noticed about Iso: he wanted to lynch LMD and never changed his vote, he was suspicious
why everyone wanted to lynch him next day, and he was poking at C_P. If the theory that C_P is town is scum boss. Why did he not vote Rez? Was he trying to stay away from the wagon or are we looking to hard? This something I will have chew the fat on for a while.

I received no mail and failed send mail. Was out of town in a remote area again to work at an airport with little or no internet access.

My new town, null, and scum list.
Town
Me
Red, past rcw votes place him in town cause scum bussing a player that early seems off to me.
Null
NK, new player, little data on him, and ham suspected him
Ham, the failed bomb and bad call on Jack is to strong to ignore. Not quite willing to vote him yet as he worked really hard on that evidence.
C_P, the theory of him being scum boss and not dying is perplexing. Stardust makes really interesting games and low intelligence pony could be the greatest hidden scum that no one expected. Not willing to vote him as the theory is in it's infancy.
LMD,
technically he is weak scum but the Iso team can't be. I also thought red + LMD was possible but red was heavily voted day one by rcw. He could be C_P scum buddy but that is still pure speculation.
Scum
I don't know :frown:
Iso getting whacked was a shock to me. The only two people it throws mud on are ham and C_P, but that is only by pure circumstance.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:59 pm

As far as why I didn't die, wraith is likely scum, based on jack and wraiths roles, no way both are on the same team, and jack flipped town.

And I know your scum as there is no way town would post about c_p being scum
Placing certain people above suspicion is what scum do to protect players. We need to check everyone and there is plenty of time.

Also, I am the games wild animal handler. The mailmen of this world must brave the pets of mail recipients to deliver the mail no matter what, unless you don't deliver mail. I can man handle them, although that damn cat gets me every time.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:32 pm

The mod told us c_p is town, we have literally no reason to think he's scum, why do you continue to question that?

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:39 pm

I am not the only one questioning it. It is worth looking into, and I don't mind you having the null argument here. Demanding to stop the discussion is not helpful to town. We just started a new day and need to look at everything.

Will look at C_P and hams voting history.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:54 pm

<- won't post anything more until C_P shows up.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:00 pm

I don't actually think C_P is scum, that would be a dick move by Stardust and would leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Now that I know Jack was town and told the truth about targeting me on N2, my great question is "how did my vig fail?" LMD claims to have not received my N2 mail, didn't die, but got my N3 message without issue. That removes the possibility of him being unmailable.

If Jack blocked me, Wraith could not have targeted me with a roleblock, so my bomb must have gone out. It must have been stolen with an active ability targeting the recipient (LMD), neutralized with a passive bulletproof ability, or switched around by some global ability. If it was an active insurrection ability targeting LMD, why would he be the charm target? There were only 2 scum, we've not had a town doctor flip, and I doubt they would protect him over C_P or Pie.

LMD claims to have an ability that lets him send 2 messages,
but didn't use it the first 2 nights. He claims to have sent 2 messages last night, but one didn't arrive in C_P's inbox. I suspect he's been lying about his ability.

LMD is the scummiest person in my eyes, but I'm not going to risk the whole game with another bad tunnel like I did on Jack. If nobody else has a compelling theory, I'll start that wagon, but I really hope you guys come up with something good.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:26 pm

I am not the only one questioning it. It is worth looking into, and I don't mind you having the null argument here. Demanding to stop the discussion is not helpful to town. We just started a new day and need to look at everything.

What part of the mod told us he was town are you not getting?

Furthermore I have a very verifiable ability (was actually asked to use it) and yet you choose to roleblock me, why?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Wraith RBing Jack could have accomplished the same effect, if there's a living scum with some relevant mail-tampering ability.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:43 pm

After looking at C_P, I can say with confidence that he is town. He voted red early with rcw, but rcw at the third slot. He was actions about LMD and us now highly suspicious. That us an evolving opinion of players, not scum agenda in my opinion. C_P is in my town pile again.

Ham can either be believed or not. I am inclined to believe him as Jack's story is confirmed by his revealed ability and the mail was messed with. Hams is in my town pike now.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:55 pm

What part of the mod told us he was town are you not getting?

Furthermore I have a very verifiable ability (was actually asked to use it) and yet you choose to roleblock me, why?
My role block ability stops overnight abilities. I don't know if it stops the mail cause you received mail
didn't you? You are/were in my strongest scum pile that day, thus not targeting you would be stupid for town. I am growing more suspicious of you again as you did receive mail last night in comparison to other nights. That is the only thing that changed.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:03 pm

After looking at C_P, I can say with confidence that he is town. He voted red early with rcw, but rcw at the third slot. He was actions about LMD and us now highly suspicious. That us an evolving opinion of players, not scum agenda in my opinion. C_P is in my town pile again.

Ham can either be believed or not. I am inclined to believe him as Jack's story is confirmed by his revealed ability and the mail was messed with. Hams is in my town pike now.
Wtf did my iPad do to my post. Really getting irritated with the auto spell check.
Edit, C_P voted red early with rcw and sat in the third seat on the rcw wagon. Way to early in votes to be considered town.
He was suspicious about the actions of LMD as the days passed. Thus that shows us an
evolving opinion, not a scum agenda.
I think my mind moves faster than my typing and my posts are messed up bad cause of it. Sorry. :(
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:09 pm

Votecount!

Not voting: Cursed_Pride, hamfactorial, RedNihilist, Wraith223, Dechs Kaison, Lord_Mcdonalds

With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
҉

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:45 am

Ick at the activity.

-Going to post more tomorrow.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:52 am

rotfl
See you tomorrow then.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:41 pm

:argh: @ this game

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:30 am

OOG: this week is going to be somewhat busy for me so I may actually not post for 2-3 days out of this week

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:28 am

Just dropping this here:

hamfactorial (5): rcwraspy, rezombad, Dechs Kaison, Cursed_Pride, Lord_McDonalds

RedNihilist (5): Wraith223, InflatablePie, rcwraspy, Cursed_Pride, imopen2

Lord_Mcdonalds (5): Jack, rezombad, Dechs Kaison, hamfactorial, RedNihilist

rezombad (6): InflatablePie, Jack, hamfactorial, Dechs Kaison, Lord_Mcdonalds, Wraith223

Lord_McDonalds: Why are you town?
RedNihilist: Why is Wraith scum? Please commit and case him.
Dechs Kaison: Who do you think is actually scum?

Wraith and hamfactorial are off the hook barring
first reread.

I am dismayed that everyone is slacking, including me. We need to work to actually win this, guys. Hopefully I can find some time to do this sometime this week.

After the Jack lynch I am not comfortable trusting any sorts of mechanics issues.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:10 am

Dechs Kaison: Who do you think is actually scum?
LMD and someone else I can't pinpoint. For this, I thought I laid my case out pretty well, especially since Ham posted my mail to him, but it never hurts to rehash.

This is my first game. I'm not experienced at reading people, their posts, their mindsets or phrasing. I don't really trust myself at this point to start making decisions based on feelings like that. What I can see plainly are the actions and their reactions.

In this case, it's the lack of a reaction. Here's some facts:

1. Jack could make people untargetable.
2. Jack claimed he used that ability on Ham Night 2.
3. I verified it by getting mail bounced to myself.
3 and a half. Jack is now confirmed town, so there's no
reason for him to have lied.

Conclusion: Ham was completely untargetable night 2.

Nothing could have interfered with Ham's alleged sending of the bomb night 2. You clearly believe Ham. So do I. Either way, it's as close to being a fact as we can get that Ham put a bomb in the mail, aimed at LMD. The expected reaction here is that LMD dies to a mail bomb.

Time for some more facts:
4. LMD isn't dead.
5. Ham claims he couldn't send the bomb night 3 because it had already been used.

If you believe Ham, then you're forced to conclude that LMD was somehow protected. If it was a townie that had protected him, we'd have seen a claim of that already. All the evidence points to LMD as scum. He's never been particularly helpful this game, but again, I don't want to go down that road because I just don't have the experience to make that judgement.

As for his scum buddy? I'm not certain. I know it's not Ham, which leaves only Wraith and Red. Between the two I'd lean on Wraith, but it's not
an easy call. We cannot afford that mistake right now.

We cannot afford any mistakes right now. If any two of us vote for the wrong guy, that gives the scum team the chance to seal the game right away. We need to take our time and be sure of this. Ham and Red are obviously frustrated with the game, but rushing through isn't going to win this for the town.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:12 am

Notice all the "if you believe Ham" and "Ham's claim" kind of language in my post. If I'm wrong about LMD, that's because Ham is a lying, scummy genius and deserves to win this game.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Nothing much has happened since my last check in. When I get some free time; I will do a reread for intell.

My list of stuff to think about.
1. Iso refused to vote Jack and only wanted to target LMD. He is dead now. Hmmm.
2. Ham is either town by jack's role announcement or super smart scum. The later seems more likely.
3. Ham could have caught DK but decided to go after Jack as the mail pointed towards him. High subjective call here of scum tell or scum tried to tie two players to bad mail.
It is hard to sort through lies that are not actual posts to find the true writer. My gut says the mail that were reviewed by Ham is a tar baby (if some jerk call this racist; I will slap you through the computer. It is a term for saying its a mess that could get town lynched again).

Hopefully the hospital has Wi-Fi so I can read through all the posts. My grandfather is having eye surgery and I am the driver. Nothing scary or
life threatening.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:39 pm

My motivation is at an all-time low, that Jack mess took it out of me.

Of everyone still alive, LMD strikes me as the most scummy. I won't vote for him now to prevent derphammers, but I'm curious what others think and will cast a vote if we can get informal consensus.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:57 pm

SCUM

LMD
Wraith
ham
DK
me
C_P

TOWN

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:03 pm

:ohdear: ham in the scum pile? Oh noes!

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:43 pm

If being 4/6 meant being in the scumpile, we'd be 3 against 3 so scum would have won already.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Yes I know, I'm just reverting to dry sarcasm out of frustration.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:16 pm

I'm just going to point this out as I am getting tired of this, if 4 of you think I'm scum, unless you can discern a good reason not to do so, why aren't you voting me?

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:35 pm

I dunno?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:37 pm

I fucked the Jack lynch up and don't trust another read, especially when it means losing on the spot.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Happens, barring me, who else do you think is scum, I mean we are so convinced I'm scum you aren't going to vote me because reasons, let's evaluate our options a bit

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:13 pm

Wraith is next on the list for me, since it's the other (simple) reason for why my vig failed.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:25 pm

Given my role failed, I'm not certain that is the case

Also jack made you untargetable

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:41 pm

The two simplest solutions are:
- LMD is scum, his companion had a protecting ability that couldn't cast on himself and decided to cloak the only other scum player;
- ham is scum and he never had the bomb in the first place.

Discuss.

Return to “Completed Games”