Gone Postal Mafia - Game Over - Scum Win

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Cursed_Pride
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Cursed_Pride » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:06 pm

-Kazekiri got back to me.

We'll be claiming:

Rolename, ability names (but descriptions paraphrased), and flavor (paraphrased). No images. We'll also be claiming all mail sent.

Please claim these in your next post.

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:07 pm

Don't know what Murph was thinking the role was good for, really. You'd have to ask him.
:eyebrow:

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:10 pm

@cursed_pride, please ignore the replace out factor in my town read. It would be unfair to the game and other players. It was outside of play and about sending a message. No need to speak anymore about it for civil play sake.

I agree with your list except the Iso claim. Handelivered mail is usured mail. We saw that rcw had super spam and maybe another scum has a global ability to mess with the mail. Either you believe Iso has a town ability or you don't. I have him at null right now. The captain Murphy seat has changed three times now and I am befuddled as to giving an accurate read.

Another factor on red to consider is that a red / LMD team is unviable as red wanted LMD to claim way earlier than needed. It could be scum day talk, but it seems far fetched to me for red to get himself introuble like that for scum defense. If red is on a team; it would have to be with Iso or someone else in my opinion.

As for my
claim, I am the mailman from Garfield. I deliver mail regardless of threat to my self respect, dignity, and risk of pants being shredded. That's why I don't like wearing shorts. Town role blocker to protect the mail from suspicious suspects.

I just saw c_p post and already had this post ready. Will post mail when I switch to my laptop. I don't know how to copy paste with iPad.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:24 pm

Mail I received from the most recent to past.

I am a MailTracker. Tracked Red N1 ("who else mailed imopen? I know someone did"); he mailed imopen. Sent mail to Jack N1 w/ alias "GGtap" (Tracker, Magic card). If I die, make him claim the 'mysterious' mail he got before telling him I sent it. Tracking Jack tonight because it's the only good move - I could track ham but we'll know who he killed (unless he's like WTF I GOT REDIRECTED but I doubt it)

I don't know how to feel about Rez flipping actual-tracker w/ a mailtracker and mailwatcher in the game. Don't think it quite incriminated Red though. Make sure there is a massclaim tomorrow. Still have newbtells on Jack, most wary of Wraith but his random roleblock claim seems town? I don't know. But I think MJ is town between the hammer and CM's breadcrumbing, no scum motivation. If you disagree, fine. But scum are probably in the PR claims now
that rez flipped town, I just don't know who. Dechs/LMD might be good wagons solely because of PoE.

I think I'll die tonight for being incredibly protown so don't be surprised if I die or try and WIFOM the NK again.

I think that about covers it.
~InflatablePie
----------------------------------------
Drea Cursed_Pride (Sent mail. I did not change any of my obvious bad spelling errors. Sometimes I really hate my new apples Spell correct.)

I know we disagree on the timing on the vote of Rez, but I seriously thought he was scum from earlier game. His extreme aggression and admission of poorly constructed reasons for ham being scum was really off to me from earlier games. Maybe Rez was right about ham being scum. :shrug: Imopen2 was my strongest town read before he was killed by scum, and scum went after him. He was on the LMD wagon as well.

My role block
ability is not just a known scum ability. I had the ability in the Theros game and was town in that game as well. I roleblocked LMD again this game as I find him still lurking and being way to quiet this game. Jack could really be scum as we expect stupid questions and odd responses now. Technically, he has conditioned us to him giving little or no reads on his votes or no votes.

If you still see me as scum; I will go down fighting for town anyway. My new scum list is LMD and MoJo. They have been way to quiet this game and I find we have been tunneling each other bad this game. Inflateablepie is still town to me as he has thought very closely to my calls on certain players.

FOR THE TOWN WIN!

Wraith223 I sign with a John Hancock as I am town.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Received mail from night 1. The first was from C_P and the other is from Imopen2.
Hi Wrath!
In case I die tonight, here is my last will and testament:

Cursed_Pride

Wrath223
InflatablePie
rezombad
imopen2
hamfactorial

Dechs Kaison
RedNihilist
Lord_Mcdonalds

Mogadishu Jones
Jack

Lord_Mcdonalds (4): hamfactorial, Jack, rezombad, Cursed_Pride
RedNihilist (3): Wraith223, InflatablePie, rcwraspy

Probably scum in the Lord_Mcdonalds pile. I would take a look at Jack.

Lord_Mcdonalds (5): Jack, rezombad, Dechs Kaison, hamfactorial, RedNihilist
rcwraspy (3): InflatablePie, Cursed_Pride, imopen2

-Scum in the Lord_Mcdonalds wagon. Heck, I think Lord_Mcdonalds is town for being a counterwagon to scum.

Lord_Mcdonalds (4): rezombad, Dechs Kaison, hamfactorial, Wraith223
rcwraspy (5): InflatablePie, Cursed_Pride, imopen2, RedNihilist, Jack

OK, from looking at this, I want Jack dead tomorrow. Everyone else is relatively town.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>Next mail from Imopen2

Wraith, the future is now, and it is 140 characters. Do you know who works at the post office?
-imopen2
---------------------------------------------------------
(My sent mail to Imopen2)

Dear Iamopen2,

I saw you flipped to RCW. It's a complete shock to me RCW was scum. It's like the DURP mafia game all over again for me. You are my strongest town read besides InflateablePie, but I think he just got lucky. I think LMD and ham are the scum buddies. Rez does avoid RCW in his posts, but he was after Ham which makes it odd for a Ham/Rez scum team. DK might be the scum buddy, but he is new and wanted to remove the stench of Suga. He could be nuub scum, and that ending request was off. I now think LMD is the best target as he fits a scum buddy to RCW. He also has the one scum tell of setting up later days votes. I am going
after (role blocking) LMD since he should have voted RCW, but did not as he should have to look town for the group. I hope my evidence gains your support. Why have I chosen you for mail? We have been butting heads in many games and you are playing strong town to me.

If anyone reads this mail besides Iamopen2, I am signing with a John Hancock.

Wraith223
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:31 pm

Edit: Mail sent and Received from Recent to past.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:35 pm

Missed role name, but I said it earlier. Here it is anyway. Herman Post, Mail Sorter. Garfield Character. I have read Garfield in the newspaper for years and have never seen him till this game.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:24 pm

We'll be claiming:

Rolename, ability names (but descriptions paraphrased), and flavor (paraphrased). No images. We'll also be claiming all mail sent.

I'm Cliff Calvin, Writing Style Guru.

My ability is "Know-it-all." I can ask the mod who the author is of any mail I receive or any that is shared in full. (Earlier I mentioned anonymous mail specifically, but now that I read it again, I notice anonymous mail isn't specified at all in the Role PM)

The flavor is that my character has been studying Forensic Linguistics.

I have sent two pieces of mail this game. The first:
Jack,
Red needs to verify, so I'm putting mail out there that he
can watch.
Dechs
The second:
Ham,
Jack's ability needs to verify, so I'm seeing if this letter bounces.
Dechs Kaison
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:56 pm

I'm Carl Schliff, 1-shot Letter Bomb Vig.

During the day, I may vote.

My 1-shot ability is named "Letter Bomb". It lets me attach a bomb with my sent mail. The player who receives it will be killed.

I didn't send any mail night 1, but sent a letter to LMD night 2 with the following mod request.
Hi Stardust! I want to send LMD a message.
mail
Your head asplode!

Yours,
ham
I'd like to use my letter bomb ability for this message.
I haven't received any mail this game.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:35 pm

I expect you to send your bomb again tonight.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:39 pm

I'll try setting up the bomb again, and report back if anything happens.

If I was roleblocked successfully, I should still have the ability.

I messaged Stardust but he was vague about whether my ability was still live.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:02 pm

I'll try setting up the bomb again, and report back if anything happens.

If I was roleblocked successfully, I should still have the ability.

I messaged Stardust but he was vague about whether my ability was still live.
If it is unclear that your ability was stopped or was prevented; it would be unwise to not try to use it again. Go for it! It beats sitting around during night doing nothing but send mail.

I prefer that you keep your target a secret for shock factor from other players.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Well, scum only has 2 players to worry about (or 1 if we get the lynch right), so the shock factor isn't too high. I'll certainly keep it secret until tomorrow, should I live through the night.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:12 pm

So, I thought about it a little over the course of the last two days and I've decided to come up with my ideas on what happened.

Last night we had ham bomb LMD and Jack protect him, yet nothing happened.
NOTHING.
I would have accepted someone else blowing up, but the fact that the mail wasn't delivered AT ALL is VERY suspicious.

Now, I think that the two most probable scenarios for last night are the following:
- ham lied, and scum messed with Jack's targets in order "protect" the fact that he couldn't vig anyone;
- Jack is a Mafia Jailer and has claimed a similar role because, you know, it was actually easy to confirm - then ham messed him up by claiming his role, and he came up with the "somebody messed with my mail!" thing in order to justify the fact he couldn't protect ham's ability as intended.

I sincerely think that one of these two is scum.

My other scum read is Wraith, as
should be clear by now.
He's the one that strikes me the most and I don't want to restate why, as I think I've made it clear multiple times in my posts.

After a reread LMD does actually feel suspicious, so I can understand why everyone's focus is on him.
Yet, I wouldn't lynch him for now, 'cause I know that scum is just a 2 players team ATM and I'm pretty confident on my previously stated ideas.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:27 pm

Good analysis, Red. Both possibilities look very plausible from the info we have.

Regarding my vig shot tonight, assuming I still have it. Is there any benefit to self-signing my letter in case it gets bounced? A day 3 flip with my town role PM would certainly help with analysis, though I don't know if an extra living townie is better.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:33 pm

I guess that if they could bounce your mail back they would have already done so.
So, they either have 1-shot abilities like raspy had, or they'd be forced to choose between letting your skill resolve or block you again.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:42 pm

I'm going to try to vig again, no harm in trying. Iso could force my mail through, if he were so inclined.

Just curious about whether a dead confirmed townie is better than an extra presumed town vote on day 3. One option narrows the scum pool down, the other reduces the effective power of the scum votes.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:28 pm

Maybe this is just because I'm new here, but I just feel really uncertain right now. I was going to say confused, but that's not the right word.

I think I understand the situation we're in. Six town and two scum means that if we make the wrong lynch now, the next lynch has to be scum or we lose. I guess what that means is we need to lynch someone who, if he flips town, tells us who the scum is. Try to find a binary pair like that? For instance, Red and Wraith. If Wraith flips town, we could assume that Red was scum that was just pushing his wagon hard (Not even sure that makes sense, just an example). I dunno, that seems mighty sketchy and scum could just use that plan to help them plan a very precise night kill.

Ham, if your vig shot is still live, that adds another layer of complexity I don't feel like I can even begin to analyze. I'll try, though. Let's take the absolute worst case scenario: We lynch town and
you bomb town. That leaves us with three to two and all three town need to be on the same page. A single wrong vote would let scum win. I don't know if that's a risk town can take, but then again, you'll know whether town got lynched. I think you should bomb if we lynch scum, but we can't risk you bombing another town if we end up lynching a townie.

Unless that lynched townie tells us who our next lynch should be. Then you could bomb the highly likely scum target, and tomorrow we've got four to one odds.

Gah. This game is difficult. I think we got a little complacent with the day one scum lynch. It really shows with how fast Rez got lynched. We're all "Who cares? Not like we can lose with these odds."

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:31 pm

Welcome to mafia :gonk:

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:14 pm

-Kazekiri got back to me.

We'll be claiming:

I'm The Postman, Untargetable-Granter. I'm not sure where this character comes from, but somebody here has probably heard of him. It says I'm homeless, and that I had a pony, but it died, and now I have a dog. Though I'm from a post-apocalyptic world, the postal service somehow still exists, and it's my job to defend it. My ability is called Guard Dog, and it allows me to target a player at night and make him untargetable. This includes mail.

Night 1 I received mail from Dechs and GGTap (
pie). Both messages have already been posted on this page.
Night 2 I sent mail to Cursed_Pride. I think Dechs received it instead. Dechs also got back the mail he tried to send to Ham because I used my night ability on Ham.
Sig by NBW.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Night 2 I sent mail to Cursed_Pride. I think Dechs received it instead.
I did not receive this mail. I only have two mail in my inbox from Night 2, my own and the one from Red.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:20 pm

I did not receive this mail. I only have two mail in my inbox from Night 2, my own and the one from Red.
Which 2 anonymous messages did you verify as sent by Pie?

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Which 2 anonymous messages did you verify as sent by Pie?
The GGtap one and the other one Wraith posted that was signed InflatablePie.

Please note, as per my full claim a few posts up, they don't have to be
anonymous mails for my power to work. I will simply be given the name of who sent any mail I receive, and I can ask the mod who the author is of any mail I see in full. Stardust told me both of those pieces of mail were authored by Pie.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:46 pm

Alright, I missed the non-anonymous portion while reading your full claim.

I asked you a few pages back about this 2nd Pie message, but didn't get a reply from you. Now you have a new clause attached to your ability that lets you verify all mail, instead of just anonymous, covering your earlier claim of verifying 2 pieces of mail.

I only truly trust a mod confirmed townie, or a dead player with a role PM attached. I want to believe you're town, but I read you as null going into night 2, possibly leaning scum, and I keep finding fishy stuff involving you. First the strange Red secret code, now the morphing ability description that covers a subtle screw about Pie's anonymous letter count.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:51 pm

Alright, I missed the non-anonymous portion while reading your full claim.

I asked you a few pages back about this 2nd Pie message, but didn't get a reply from you. Now you have a new clause attached to your ability that lets you verify all mail, instead of just anonymous, covering your earlier claim of verifying 2 pieces of mail.

I only truly trust a mod confirmed townie, or a dead player with a role PM attached. I want to believe you're town, but I read you as null going into night 2, possibly leaning scum, and I keep finding fishy stuff involving you. First the strange Red secret code, now the morphing ability description that covers a subtle screw about Pie's anonymous letter count.
It was my mistake when I made the claim the first
time. I must have imagined the word anonymous when I read it the first time because I figured if it's not anonymous then I know who sent it anyway. When you asked me to confirm the letter that was signed InflatablePie, I didn't even consider that when I asked the mod. I just sent "who wrote this?" with a link in a PM and he confirmed it was Pie.

The ability never morphed, I just assumed that only an anonymous letter was even questionable. I never entertained the possibility that someone would sign a letter with an incorrect name.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:54 pm

Can you run the author check on the mail I wrote to LMD?

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Red's secret code was a strange line in his letter that I figured he only put there for verification purposes, so that's what I used it for. I tried to do it from memory, but immediately corrected it when I double checked the PM. Call that a lesson learned.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:56 pm

The one with the bomb? Sure.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:01 pm

If Stardust has some special sauce baked into your ability that would give an interesting result when used on a letter that was blocked, lost, modified, etc., it could help us figure out why nobody died.

The grammar nerd in me hates the above sentence for being so long.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Don't you talk about being a grammer nerd around me.

No, there's nothing in the text that would suggest that kind of thing, though.

I think there's only three possibilities when it comes to why your bomb never went off.
1. LMD is protected.
2. Jack lied and actually roleblocked you.
3. Your letter somehow got sent to Pie, who couldn't die twice.
4. You lied about your ability.

I don't think you lied. You're on my town side of these guys. If Jack lied, then he's actually a jailer because my mail still bounced off you. That leaves 1 and 3, which may as well be the same thing since we know you couldn't have been targeted. Either LMD is bulletproof, or there was an effect forwarding LMD's mail to someone else (since it couldn't be you that was targeted).

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Oops. I said three possibilities then added a fourth and forgot to edit. I suppose it still works out because I then said 1 and 3 may as well be the same.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:56 pm

Do not edit your posts, it's a good way to get kicked/black listed from games from what I understand

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:58 pm

Also I'm Mr. Zip, speed writer

I can send an extra message each night

Sent none both nights

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:01 pm

Rule out option 3.
If scum could bounce the bomb to Pie, they would have lynched someone else.
Also, the only mail Pie received was from C_P.

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:10 pm

Sent none both nights
Paraphrase flavor?

Why would you send no mail when you have an ability that lets you send extra mail? -Makes zero sense.

I mean, you could use it to confirm your ability on N1 or something.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:11 pm

Red:

Does your ability work during the day?

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:19 pm

Of course not.
Once per night I can target a single player and see if he receives mail, and from who.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:39 pm

Sent none both nights
Paraphrase flavor?

Why would you send no mail when you have an ability that lets you send extra mail? -Makes zero sense.

I mean, you could use it to confirm your ability on N1 or something.
If you've noticed, I usually don't have that much to say half the time, and would rather ask questions

So the ability is somewhat wasted on me

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:39 am

Oops. I said three possibilities then added a fourth and forgot to edit. I suppose it still works out because I then said 1 and 3 may as well be the same.
Do not edit posts. At all. Next offense is a modkill.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:44 am

I didn't edit the post at all. I meant edit within the context of the reply I was writing.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:20 pm

I got an interesting response. The style sounds like you wrote it, but I can't be sure because I've never seen the actual letter.

I'd guess that's because anyone who had the actual letter would be kablooied.

Return to “Completed Games”