Fire and Ice Mafia - Game Over!

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Wraith223 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:50 pm

109 words. Not bad.
Also, neither rcw nor void seemed to understand what you were saying about it.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Why do you think townslips are null?
- I don't believe Stardust's Doc claim
You may believe whatever you wish. It doesn't really matter because I know something most don't.
This still has my hackles up. You're obviously not referring to your Doc claim because that was in the signup thread and you've been talking about it a lot, so most people do know about that. So what else could you know that we don't? that you're scum? that imopen is your scumbuddy?
Leave the hackling for tomorrow. I probably won't survive the Night. *winkwink*
If you survive from both teams trying to lynch; you are town. If you die from scum nightkill you are probably town or retarded scum.
Sooooooo, That puts you in awkward spot for which we can't confirm without a lynch or said methods of discovery. What do you have to gain from this tactic? Trying to see who avoids you?
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Vote Count 9!
A summoner has disconnected

Stardust (0)
freedom (4) - Captain Murphy, Void, (G_R), Manders
rcwraspy (0)
zemanjaski (2) - imopen2, freedom
Void (0)
Wraith223 (0)
Fate (0)
Captain Murphy (0)
DroppinSuga (0)
Manders (0)
rezombad (0)
(G_R) (0)
imopen2 (4) - Wraith223, zemanjaski, Fate, DroppinSuga

Not Voting (3) - rezombad, rcwraspy, Stardust

With 13 alive, it is 7 to lynch.

Deadline is: 30 January, 2014 11:59PM EST

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:00 pm

I guess my statement was a bit generalized. I don't remember a time when I used a town slip to clear someone, and I agree they can be faked (I've seen iso do things of the sort), but they should probably be evaluated on a case-by-case basis since mafia is a game of context and sometimes you have to follow your gut.

What does your gut tell you about my alignment?
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:02 pm

What is there to not understand? Stardust pointed out that since there are 2 scum teams, that a scum won't know if someone not on their team is either town or on the other scum team. Makes sense.

But then imopen2 said he forgot there were 2 scum teams. Which makes it that much more of a purposeful town slip.

vote freedom
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:03 pm

If you survive from both teams trying to lynch; you are town. If you die from scum nightkill you are probably town or retarded scum.
Sooooooo, That puts you in awkward spot for which we can't confirm without a lynch or said methods of discovery. What do you have to gain from this tactic? Trying to see who avoids you?
I don't fully understand your question (or your logic), but the fact is that this is a team game. I personally don't have to gain anything at all so long as my team gains something. As usual, I'm taking a gamble. Just leave it for tomorrow.
I guess my statement was a bit generalized. I don't remember a time when I used a town slip to clear someone, and I agree they can be faked (I've seen iso do things of the sort), but they should probably be evaluated on a case-by-case basis since mafia is a game of context
and sometimes you have to follow your gut.

What does your gut tell you about my alignment?
I don't trust my gut. I may not even have a gut considering I've never been inclined to follow it. If I see something that looks strange, I look for context and mindset, not some vague feeling that I happen to have.

I probably won't reply to this thread again until zemanjaski addresses imopen's case. Looking forward to his thoughts on recent events as well.
҉

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:08 pm

I'm reading along, ill be able to answer over the weekend. Doing a play testing session for a PTQ tonight so won't have time today.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:11 pm

Don't forget suga's case of Zem :)

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:19 pm

I don't fully understand your question (or your logic), but the fact is that this is a team game. I personally don't have to gain anything at all so long as my team gains something. As usual, I'm taking a gamble. Just leave it for tomorrow.
Fine, but I am not happy about it nor changing my vote. To much speculation and not enough evidence.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:21 pm

Don't forget suga's case of Zem :)
That's a very generous description, but yes ill address that too. And Manders questions, Stardust's posts and some of the recent interactions. Text walls for everyone.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:26 pm

That was directed towards suga. I don't want him to forget to post his case toDay

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:32 pm

He did post a case earlier. It was very vague though; I'd like to see more too if he can be bothered.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Yea, I'd like to see a real case from him. The one he referred to at the end if page 9, then when I asked him to post it he said someone should lynch me, and now stardust has asked him for it as well but he has yet to deliver it. (To be fair this all happened today so I'll give him some time but I will be disappointed if the day ends without him taking a stand on you since it will be (I believe) pivotal for toMorrow.

Void

Postby Void » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:08 am

@Wraith:
If you want to take that route, then you need to look at the first time you told me to "eat dick". I'm not going to come down to your low anymore. It serves no purpose other than trying to get a reaction out of someone.

@Stardust:
Yes, I can see the mindset you are talking about, but I believe you trying to apply a Town mindset there when it does not indicate one. If this game was more of a Basic game, then, yes, I would more than likely give you my support.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:18 am

@Wraith:
If you want to take that route, then you need to look at the first time you told me to "eat dick". I'm not going to come down to your low anymore. It serves no purpose other than trying to get a reaction out of someone.
That is good to hear. I was just messin with you. It would be nice to get a read from you on Iamopen2, freedom, Stardust, Me, and Zem. A simple summary of why each of us are town, null, or scum would be great. That's alot to ask but we have not really heard from you and other being silent. Feel free to ask me questions.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:32 am

I just read through freedom again. I'm going to break the rules and defend freedom now in hopes of shifting the tide to imopen instead.
Mostly by looking at player associations, I'd think. I can definitely see where this is a harder game, both for the town and the mafias. The mafias each have a harder victory condition, since they must get the other team killed as well as seven townies, and pretty much can't afford to lose a man, since it makes winning much harder. It is also harder for town, since the scum will be scum hunting as well and we only have 1 power role.[/quote:
1hmn168r]
This is freedom's fourth post, early in the game. I consider the bolded a minor town slip (there are 9 townies in this game, not 7).
How is that a tell in the slightest for either alignment?
Pretty sure this is a townie post. Scum don't tend to leave loose ends when responding to accusations (unless they don't plan on following up, which freedom did).
Incorrect. Scum can and have done so. It's called keeping promises. RL delays happen regardless of alignment. This is null at best.
freedom's case on zemanjaski is for the most part honest, logical and complete. His conviction is there. There is no twisting of Z's posts. No omission of town posts. The only thing I still find odd is that he
says he can't see the two-sided nature to Z in this game, when the beginning of his case started with him calling Z town. All in all though, this case feels like a townie wrote it.
Could still be scum A or B VS scum B or A.
Then, yeah, the probably-fake town slip. Thing is, if you come to the conclusion that it's probably fake (I think it is), that doesn't necessarily make freedom scum based on what I said earlier. freedom, as town, wants to be considered town.
So you're proposing he faked this mistake, but is still Town? That's the most unlikely conclusion to this scenario. He's either Town and this was exactly as it seems, or he's scum trying fake being Town and making that mistake.
freedom goes on to give up. However, despite giving up, he has continued to be involved. I don't think
imopen can make the same claim (he only gets involved to defend himself), which just strengthens my scum read on him.
Again, this is a null tell. I've seen lots of people say, "Fuck this bullshit case" and continue to argue afterwards.
So, all in all freedom might be scum, but I think it's more likely that he's town. I'd give him a slightly-better-than-null 75% chance at this point. Can we lynch imopen now?
No.
Captain Murphy seems to be minimizing my read
and coming to the aid of G_R. Hmmmmmm. Manders is on to something. :sherlock:
How is he minimizing your read?
You took to long to respond to this. He found the silly trap card thing from Zem a misread cause I forgot about pre-game BS. This was already fleshed out.
Firstly, don't attack me for being gone. I told you guys my activity would be spotty, but I'm still here. Shit may be late, but it's not irrelevant.
Secondly, you say CM was minimizing your read of GR. Then, in your next post, you state CM's doc hunting. Where did you get that from? The only thing I see was where imopen2 said CM's wanting to fish for the doc target. How did you read that so incorrectly?
What a poor notion to event present.
What's the poor notion?
Where did you this? I remember saying it, but can't find it. Give me the post number please.
You see, in my post (and right above the last response) where your name is blue? Click on it. It's a link.
Captain Murphy has lynched himself in my view. Still waiting for G_R to respond.
This doesn't mesh. If you're so sure about Murphy, why aren't you voting him? Why MUST GR respond before you can/will do so?
I was sure about C.P., but he is very hard to read with the shield of sarcasm. He is aggressive and plays gambits. The comment
caught a few in his web, thus I am not sure it was scum post or a well played gambit to catch scum. I just don't know. My gut responded to Iamopen2's contradiction in his rationality followed with a vote. I could not ignore that as it is serious deviation from normal character. You raise a good point about how I should be after C.P., but I prefer to go after big scum posts as Iamopen2 threw out there. Catching him in the contradiction was stronger to me as we have 2 scum teams. It is hard to catch Iamopen2 in a lie or contradiction in last game I played with him, thus I went for it when I saw it. The big reason why I am putting C.P. on the back burner is that he is very sarcastic and I find he may still be poking Stardust on the doc claim.
OMFG, dude, there was NO CONTRADICTION on imopen2's part. He's explained why this is the case several times, and you seem to be simply ignoring the logic he's shown you. Please, for the love of God, go find one of the posts he
made explaining why this wasn't a contradiction, quote it, and explain to me why his logic is flawed and it WAS a contradiction. I would love to see that.
My general Rule is that I don't bandwagons as they lynch often without evidence. I have hard/excellent evidence against Iamopen2 and am presenting my findings to group for evaluation.

PLEASE EVALUATE Iamopen2's posts: 113 and 150. Thoughts? Opinions?
You're scum with Freedom.
Why? I find my evidence was sufficient for asking for evaluation and support. Why does this read scum to you If I ask for those instead of demand them as others do? My distaste for poor rational bandwagons is known, but I noted that, presented my findings, and asked for support. Now why do you place me with Freedom? My first game with Freedom showed that
he plays devils advocate alot and poor inferences in rationality which appear scum. He rolled town when the game ended. He is another player I am putting on the back burner for now as Iamopen2 is a stronger scum than C.P. or freedom at the moment. Please give me a well thought out post as to why I am scum, because I am solid town.
Oh, I don't think you're scum for having evidence against CM. I started the damn wagon on him. I think you are scum because you're playing like scum. A case on you won't benefit anyone but you Today, though, so that's not happening.
I think everyone has to decide between imopen and freedom who should be the day one lynch and whoever gets more votes is lynched, simple as that. Any other wagon while these two wagons are happening isn't helping the town, its
just drawing out the day.
I support a lynch on either Freedom, Wraith223, or zemanjaski, in that order.

Unvote Vote: Freedom
Why am I scum to you(still no reason given)? Why is freedom the better choice? Why is Zem third?
Because I said so. It's my list.
Why are you so worried about me thinking you're scum?
At this point, you have only given association calls (scum buddy), odd commentary (see responses to Stardust), conversation starters with DroppinSuga, and requests for more content from others. You NEED to post more and give reasoned reads on your scum picks as well.
Don't tell me what I NEED to do. I NEED to play the fucking game, which I'm doing.
Lastly, Why did you tell DroppinSuge this: "Because more discussion could help scum, duh. Why keep talking if everything's decided?" It goes against your commentary and vote movement.
DroppinSuga was responding to the Iamopen2 votes, not freedom. That statement from you was admission that you might agree with Iamopen2 as being scum. Very strange.
1) I told him that because it's true.
2) I didn't say I look forward to his contributions before this Day ended, did I?
3) At the time his post was made that I responded to, it seemed pretty clear imopen2 was the lynch target, and he agreed and had voted him, but then decided not to because we needed more discussion.

Let me show you something. THIS IS FOR EVERYONE WHO AGREES THAT MORE DISCUSSION IS ALWAYS NEEDED.

Kaizers Mafia

The guys found scum off his first post around post 10 or so. (indomitablebug is the scum in question.) We lynched him very quickly, caught scum, and eventually won the game. It is NOT always better to have discussion. The scum
learned nothing about the Town D1, and it absolutely helped the Town.
Post your case now since a few of us agree that Zem is scum
Terrible idea.
Well, my guess would be that if Dusty wasn't the doctor, the real doctor would have counter claimed him already.
That would be stupid. I feel like you know that. I feel like you made this post to try to convince anyone who is the doc and is unsure whether they SHOULD do so at this point that they should.

Mainly just because that's SUCH a stupid idea and you should know how stupid that would be.
Because if I post my case at this moment, it's just going to draw focus away from you, who should stay our target for today. Hence why I'm going to case Z tomorrow.
It also gives you the ability to tailor your case to whether I flip town or scum (I'm flipping town but if you are scum you know that already). I'd rather you get your stance out there with as little info as possible so you can't backtrack.
MINDSET TELL!!

There's two scum teams. imopen2 forgot about that because he's Town and, really, there's just one scum to all. There's 4 scum we have to kill, we don't care what team they're on, we have to kill them.

More and more sure he's Town, guys.
It also gives you the ability to tailor your case to whether I flip town or scum (I'm flipping town but if you are scum you know that already). I'd rather you get your stance out there with as little info as possible so you can't backtrack.
Ack more townslips (see bolded). This game is hard.

Unvote. Need a minute.
I'm so glad you saw that, too. Bodes well for you.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:22 pm

That had better be a real slip, 'cause I'll be pissed if Manders is scum and just agreeing with me to make me feel good. :stubborn:
This is freedom's fourth post, early in the game. I consider the bolded a minor town slip (there are 9 townies in this game, not 7).
How is that a tell in the slightest for either alignment?
Sort of similar to imopen's slip, though much weaker. I think scum would be more aware of the make-up of the game.
So you're proposing he faked this mistake, but is still Town? That's the most unlikely conclusion to this scenario. He's either Town and this was exactly as it seems, or he's scum trying fake being Town and making that mistake.
Yeah, that's what I'm proposing. Considering he pulled similar crap to appear townie in DTR (and there he was the cop!) I don't think it's too big a leap.
Well, my guess would be that if Dusty wasn't the doctor, the real doctor would have counter claimed him already.
That would be stupid. I
feel like you know that. I feel like you made this post to try to convince anyone who is the doc and is unsure whether they SHOULD do so at this point that they should.
It's true. That would be stupid. I'm pretty sure Suga is town though.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:24 pm

Fate! I want your opinion on recent events.
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:01 pm

What is there to not understand? Stardust pointed out that since there are 2 scum teams, that a scum won't know if someone not on their team is either town or on the other scum team. Makes sense.

But then imopen2 said he forgot there were 2 scum teams. Which makes it that much more of a purposeful town slip.

vote freedom
I wanted to explain this vote but then I had to go to class.

People whose recent posts I like: G_R, Manders, Void, Rezombad
People whose recent posts I don't like: Freedom, Wraith, Zeman, Stardust, Fate

People voting Freedom: Captain Murphy, Void, (G_R), Manders
People voting Imopen: Wraith223, zemanjaski, Fate, DroppinSuga
People voting Zemanjaski: Imopen2, Freedom

So if I find
imopen2, Freedom, Wraith scummy, and Zeman and Stardust are leaning that way to me, then it makes sense for me to vote someone I find scummy whose wagon consists of the folks whose posts I've liked recently.

I think scum is fairly active this game and I think they're likely voting each other.
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm going to need an extra day. CFB want me to write an article on the spoiled cards ASAP. Will be back here after that.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Captain Murphy seems to be minimizing my read and coming to the aid of G_R. Hmmmmmm. Manders is on to something. :sherlock:
How is he minimizing your read?
[color=#
0000FF]You took to long to respond to this. He found the silly trap card thing from Zem a misread cause I forgot about pre-game BS. This was already fleshed out. [/color]
Firstly, don't attack me for being gone. I told you guys my activity would be spotty, but I'm still here. Shit may be late, but it's not irrelevant. :shrug: So far I am not impressed.
Secondly, you say CM was minimizing your read of GR. Then, in your next post, you state CM's doc hunting. Where did you get that from? The only thing I see was where imopen2 said CM's wanting to fish for the doc target. How did you read that so incorrectly?
I think there needs to be a discussion closer to the end of the day deciding the 3 best doc
choices so it isn't plundered on one of the 4 scum or someone who might not be supporting the town.
That's where I got that from in post 102, and in post 107 you vote for C.M. as well. I saw it as Doc hunting. C.M. reminded me that G_R had made previous arrangements to fight with Stardust in the sign up section. Why are you lost on this?
What a poor notion to event present.
What's the poor notion?
Where did you this? I remember saying it, but can't find it. Give me the post number please.
You see, in my post (and right above the last response) where your name is blue? Click on it. It's a link. Thanks, I did not realize you could click that. Ok...
.I say it is a poor notion for C.M. to even present the idea of doc hunting. Could not have been any clearer.

Captain Murphy has lynched himself in my view. Still waiting for G_R to respond.
This doesn't mesh. If you're so sure about Murphy, why aren't you voting him? Why MUST GR respond before you can/will do so?
I was sure about C.P., but he is very hard to read with the shield of sarcasm. He is aggressive and plays gambits. The comment caught a few in his web, thus I am not sure it was scum post or a well played gambit to catch scum. I just don't know. My gut responded to Iamopen2's contradiction in his rationality followed with a vote. I could not ignore that as it is serious deviation from normal character. You raise a good point about how I should be after C.P.
, but I prefer to go after big scum posts as Iamopen2 threw out there. Catching him in the contradiction was stronger to me as we have 2 scum teams. It is hard to catch Iamopen2 in a lie or contradiction in last game I played with him, thus I went for it when I saw it. The big reason why I am putting C.P. on the back burner is that he is very sarcastic and I find he may still be poking Stardust on the doc claim.
OMFG, dude, there was NO CONTRADICTION on imopen2's part. He's explained why this is the case several times, and you seem to be simply ignoring the logic he's shown you. Please, for the love of God, go find one of the posts he made explaining why this wasn't a contradiction, quote it, and explain to me why his logic is flawed and it WAS a contradiction. I would love to see that.
I think you are in league with Iamopen2 and it is sad to have to carry that boat anchor. In Post 113, He votes C.M. for Doc hunting. Fate and Zem team up to
pick apart Freedom with a votes (post 137 and 142). In post 150 he finds freedom and C.M. saying the wrong thing for town. He further attacks Zem for it with a vote. Why vote C.M. with a clear explanation and switch later on with vote that and rational that it is ok that freedom and C.M. just said anti-town posts. You can't have swing both ways and raise my suspicions. Why is everyone ignoring that?

My general Rule is that I don't bandwagons as they lynch often without evidence. I have hard/excellent evidence against Iamopen2 and am presenting my findings to group for evaluation.

PLEASE EVALUATE Iamopen2's posts: 113 and 150. Thoughts? Opinions?
You're scum with Freedom.
Why? I find my evidence was sufficient for asking for evaluation and support. Why does
this read scum to you If I ask for those instead of demand them as others do? My distaste for poor rational bandwagons is known, but I noted that, presented my findings, and asked for support. Now why do you place me with Freedom? My first game with Freedom showed that he plays devils advocate alot and poor inferences in rationality which appear scum. He rolled town when the game ended. He is another player I am putting on the back burner for now as Iamopen2 is a stronger scum than C.P. or freedom at the moment. Please give me a well thought out post as to why I am scum, because I am solid town.
Oh, I don't think you're scum for having evidence against CM. I started the damn wagon on him. I think you are scum because you're playing like scum. A case on you won't benefit anyone but you Today, though, so that's not happening.
We all saw C.M.'s scummy post, but my evidence was against Iamopen2 not C.M. as it would be redundant. How am I playing
like scum? Try to flex those deductive muscles and tell me why. Your strong need to defend Iamopen2 is disturbing my gut.

I think everyone has to decide between imopen and freedom who should be the day one lynch and whoever gets more votes is lynched, simple as that. Any other wagon while these two wagons are happening isn't helping the town, its just drawing out the day.
I support a lynch on either Freedom, Wraith223, or zemanjaski, in that order.

Unvote Vote: Freedom
Why am I scum to you(still no reason given)? Why is freedom the better choice? Why is Zem third?
Because I said so. It's my list. A list without explanation is hiding something from town. You are strong player the
others are willing to follow or not piss off. No one is above scrutiny in my view. Please explain or sit in scummy water.

Why are you so worried about me thinking you're scum? Cause I don't understand why. The reasons explain your standings and associations for town to hunt scum. If you find me scum; the town would like to know why for the campaign against 2 scum teams.
At this point, you have only given association calls (scum buddy), odd commentary (see responses to Stardust), conversation starters with DroppinSuga, and requests for more content from others. You NEED to post more and give reasoned reads on your scum picks as well.
Don't tell me what I NEED to do. I NEED to play the fucking game, which I'm doing. I thought the experienced players would post better reads and complete, fleshed out reasons votes for town. Instead I find children poking each other with emotional attitudes.
At least Zem explains himself and he can barely do that on FoS. WTH? Hiding the ball from town with explained reads does nothing for town. If you play this way; what a waste for town. Unless you are in Iamopen2's scum team. Freedom does play oddy-poorly with responses cause he does not want to lynch town. Thus I am not seeing in league with Iamopen2 anymore. You are looking more like the accomplice now.

Lastly, Why did you tell DroppinSuge this: "Because more discussion could help scum, duh. Why keep talking if everything's decided?" It goes against your commentary and vote movement. DroppinSuga was responding to the Iamopen2 votes, not freedom. That statement from you was admission that you might agree with Iamopen2 as being scum. Very strange.
1) I told him that because it's true. So why defend Iamopen2 so verdantly if it is true?
2) I didn't say I look forward to his contributions before this
Day ended, did I? This is a misdirection question as NO one interpreted that. Try again.
3) At the time his post was made that I responded to, it seemed pretty clear imopen2 was the lynch target, and he agreed and had voted him, but then decided not to because we needed more discussion. You should have lead with this grain of truth instead of number 1 question. Unfortunately, it the grain of truthe sales pitch to throw the weak minded off. Why did you per-sue this further? He must be ripe in your eyes for picking apart. Very strange.

Let me show you something. THIS IS FOR EVERYONE WHO AGREES THAT MORE DISCUSSION IS ALWAYS NEEDED.

Kaizers Mafia

The guys found scum off his first post around post 10 or so. (indomitablebug is the scum in question.) We
lynched him very quickly, caught scum, and eventually won the game. It is NOT always better to have discussion. The scum learned nothing about the Town D1, and it absolutely helped the Town. If that is the case here; why defend Iamopen2 with little or rational explinations besides "he explained it"? I want your explanation as his is tainted.
Post your case now since a few of us agree that Zem is scum
Terrible idea. Huh? O...K not seeing the point of this?
Well, my guess would be that if Dusty wasn't the doctor, the real doctor would have counter claimed him already.[/
quote]
That would be stupid. I feel like you know that. I feel like you made this post to try to convince anyone who is the doc and is unsure whether they SHOULD do so at this point that they should.
Inded that is dumb to say, but notice all of Droppinsuga's responses. They are bland, copy cat in nature or summaries of previous posts, and without any significant reads. He posts as a child would. That should read scum, but he has deviated from that since last game. Some folks are like that. Would I vote for him cause of that? Only until I see Iamopen2 is scum or not will I vote DroppinSuga cause quiet or "special- :B " players like that are generally only uncovered with other flipped players they associated with or had votes/unvotes on.
Mainly just because that's SUCH a stupid idea and you should know how stupid that would be. You should
still be on C.M. for that, thus I find this escapade on an easy but null target of DroppinSuge to be a wild goose chase to clear the air of Iamopen2.

Because if I post my case at this moment, it's just going to draw focus away from you, who should stay our target for today. Hence why I'm going to case Z tomorrow.
MINDSET TELL!!

There's two scum teams. imopen2 forgot about that because
he's Town and, really, there's just one scum to all. There's 4 scum we have to kill, we don't care what team they're on, we have to kill them.

More and more sure he's Town, guys. How could you forget that? You should be screaming how "stupid" a statement it is to say that. Not knowing the rules hurts town. DroppinSuga has not deviated from his normal strategy. I find his delayed read stupid but it appears he is playing a small gambit. Still a null read from him. Iamopen2 has said many times he is disinterested in the game and apparently does not read the rules. How could you believe that crap? Scum has to fake it to the end. Why can't you of all people see that?
It also gives you the ability to tailor your case to whether I flip town or scum (I'm flipping town but if you
are scum you know that already
). I'd rather you get your stance out there with as little info as possible so you can't backtrack.
Ack more townslips (see bolded). This game is hard.

Unvote. Need a minute.
I'm so glad you saw that, too. Bodes well for you.
Town Slip? :confused: Thought we were looking for scum slips? I can see the reverse being useful, but looking for town in a player that is being evaluated can lead you astray. Just agreeing with Stardust to make yourself look town or the top player is noticeable. Iamopen2 is an excellent scum player. DON'T TRUST THE HOLY DEER!
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:04 pm

I don't have time for a full case on Zem at this time, but it pretty much starts and ends with the fact that his cases are super weak. He's been basically grasping at straws this entire game and that's not like him. I would fully support a lynch of Zem today if people were so inclined, but I'll try to post a full case on him tonight. If you refer to I believe it was imopen's post earlier on page 10, you'll see him posting about Zem in much the same fashion and I believe it's something that we need to look at. If not during this day phase, than definitely tomorrow.

Void

Postby Void » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:13 pm

vote freedom
Just because he said he forgot does not make it true.

Why are you taking his word as Gospel?

Void

Postby Void » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:18 pm

@Wraith:
That is good to hear. I was just messin with you. It would be nice to get a read from you on Iamopen2, freedom, Stardust, Me, and Zem. A simple summary of why each of us are town, null, or scum would be great. That's alot to ask but we have not really heard from you and other being silent. Feel free to ask me questions.[/quote:
pb1nid56]

I'm not going to do a bunch of busy work. I have been stating who I want to lynch and have been asking questions to others as I see appropriate.

This is also Day 1. I'm not looking to chain lynches or looking the Scum buddy of a potentially found Scum member. I will have stronger reads come Day 2 and I will give you an answer to this question then.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:28 pm

vote freedom
Just because he said he forgot does not make it true.

Why are you taking his word as Gospel?
I'm not, but what does it actually tell you?

If he said the truth and forgot, then this reads as a purposeful town slip
which is scummy.

If he's lying, then that's scummy too.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:40 pm

What? He forgot by accident then townslipped on purpose?
҉

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:47 pm

"Freedom does play oddy-poorly with responses cause he does not want to lynch town. Thus I am not seeing in league with Iamopen2 anymore. You are looking more like the accomplice now."

Scumslip by wraith? God your writing is terrible.

Suga, how can you call for my head (and I think be voting me) and yet say you want to lynch Zem and draw on my case of him as evidence?

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:48 pm

"Freedom does play oddy-poorly with responses cause he does not want to lynch town. Thus I am not seeing in league with Iamopen2 anymore. You are looking more like the accomplice now."

Suga, how can you call for my head (and I think be voting me) and yet say you want to lynch Zem and draw on my case of him as evidence?
Because you're both scum. Just scum of a different coin.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:49 pm

Fair enough. Two teams etc.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Where is the scumslip? When he says freedom doesn't want to lynch town?
҉

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Yea.

1. How is not wanting to lynch town equate to playing "oddly-poorly"
And
2. Why is wraith classifying me as town when he is so adamant that I'm scum.

And I guess
3. Why does that clear freedom (this is just a curiosity since wraith's post made very little sense)

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:08 pm

Basically what I took from it was

"Freedom is town because he doesn't want to lynch town [imopen2]. Manders is imopen2's scum buddy!"

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:05 pm

Back in the land of eternal spring. I think I have this pending:
Plot twist: I find some actions of imopen2 to be scummy, but he has been scummy as town in previous games, which leads me to not be so sure that he is actually scum in this game.

In DTR mafia I was highly suspicious of him and he turned out to be scum. I just don't feel that way right now, and that makes me unsure. I'd rather not lynch him if I'm unsure.
So I would say that overall, the crowd is roughly split on imopen2 and freedom; with some preferring the lynch of one to the other; but more or less they're everyone's 1 and 2 suspects (speak up if this is not accurate for you, we can still discuss).

How would you suggest resolving this G_R?
Resolving it? Simple. People should vote for who they think is scum. So far, I have reasons to withhold a vote on imopen2, and other players might have theirs. I just stated mine. Freedom seems rather resigned to get the rope, so I'm trying to figure out what to make of that.
imopen2 made similar "its ok to lynch me" type posts. Thoughts on that?
It's the same situation. You either have
a vanilla townie who knows their mislynch won't hurt the town as much as it would farther down the game (and can even help analysis) or you have a scum member trying to play it cool even though they know getting lynched this early will put their team in a difficult position. As I said, I feel like imopen2 could go either way, but I still don't believe in Freedom's sincerity.
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:22 pm

What? He forgot by accident then townslipped on purpose?
Yes.

In a game with 1 scum team, what he said about scum knowing who is town is something that can be read as a purposeful town slip.

Everybody in this game is aware there are 2 scum teams. If someone is going to forget about it, I think it's equally likely coming from either faction.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:24 pm

Yea.

1. How is not wanting to lynch town equate to playing "oddly-poorly"
And
2. Why is wraith classifying me as town when he is so adamant that I'm scum. I did not say you were town at any point. SHOW THE POST OR THE PHRASE WITH POST NUMBER.

And I guess
3. Why does that clear freedom (this is just a curiosity since wraith's post made very little sense) You always say my posts make no sense. Why should that surprise anyone right now since you are trying to worm your way out it. Thought you had "no interest" in this game?
Please lynch this guy as he is throwing out crap and expecting it to stick. SHOW ME WHERE I SAID YOU WERE TOWN.
Please.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:35 pm

I already quoted the place where you said that, in my post 426

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:37 pm

And I keep dying they don't make sense because THEY DON'T MAKE SENSE. I'm one of several people that can't understand what you are trying to say with your gibberish. I assume the others are ignoring you.

I don't care much about this game, no, but I'm competitive and stubborn and I don't like being mislynched for stupid reasons. I'm trying to make my death worth something to the town

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:58 pm

I already quoted the place where you said that, in my post 426
Thanks, I missed that post or the quote as it was not marked as me.

I find freedom some times hard to read. He really tries hard not to lynch scum or is very indecisive. So far, he has not changed since last game, and now I have more content; he does not read as your accomplice. Not a scum slip sir. You are still digging that hole.

@everyone else, are you guys really ignoring me now and find my reads that confusing? :confused: :frown:
I can't tell if haters are scum or just assholes. My
goal is not hide the ball as some do and present everything I have to help town. If you don't understand my reads; ask more specific questions and I will try harder. :smileup:
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:18 pm

And I keep saying*

Void

Postby Void » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:57 pm

Wraith:
In your next post please have a fully complied Town/Scum list so there is no confusion. Easily resolved.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:21 pm

Town-
Zem- nothing in his play style has changed, and he is scum hunting to me. Need others to role scum for me to get a better read.
Void- Attitude is very nice and is putting more content the boards, is getting more involved with town discussion.
Rcwraspy- posts with lots of well thought out questions, questions everyone
Null (big pile)
Rezombad- lurking bad/no read, need more evidence
Freedom-could be playing devil's advocate poorly or is really good at scum. (very close to throwing him in scum pile)
Stardust- I don't care for claims that cannot be confirmed. (very close to throwing in scum pile for claims)
Captain Murphy- Plays gambits with the Doc hunting, has the shield of sarcasm. Not sure right now.
G_R- just has not posted anything lately that is not a summery, lurks, seems go against the grain with every vote.
DroppinSuga- Has not had any deviations from play styles, lurks somewhat, posts without
significant reads. Seems to avoid Manders)
Scum
Fate- lurks, asks for votes with little or no rationality, Has not contributed any reads for town, bandwagon votes.
Manders- Lurks BAD, Defends Iamopen2 strongly with just far reaching "town slip" arguments, her targeting of DroppinSuga seems disingenuous.
Iamopen2- My strongest scum find, Contradictions, claims disinterest in game but still plays, Claims to not know there are 2 scum teams, Snipes at anything to disprove my claims.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Return to “Completed Games”