Checkbox Mafia - Day 3 (Abandoned)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:56 am

Bastard Mod is Bastard.

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:46 am

I don't think the dialogue between Slowpoke and imopen2 supports both of them being scum.
I agree with this

The question is, who is the scum?

Guess we'll find out ^_^

Vote: Imopen
The beginning part of this part rubs me the wrong way. I know there's a term for it, but it escapes my mind. :ugh:
Alright, I've been on a big bender, I'll make a catch up post today!
@Captain Murphy:

- Your vociferous opinions against the nameclaim make me wary, still. You say that it's a waste of time because scum will just claim some name and hope it passes, but an experienced player such as yourself should know that there is a chance that scum could claim a name a townie has and get tripped up that way. You argument that "a game this flavored would have safeclaims" is invalid. Especially when the risk for
town is so low and the risk for scum is so great.
- At 142 you state "rvs was over at that point." You're saying RVS ends at the same time for everyone? Why do you think that's the case?
It was a waste of time that early in the game, I only ever like mass claims and gaming the mod from a few hundred proper posts. On top of that, creating flavor that can break a game open is generally bad and its a high possibility that they have falseclaims.

Its called random voting stage, once you get to the point that there is a non random vote, the stage is over.

@Cursed my question is probably too vague, but I was asking who 3 people you thought were scum. I have been reading your posts! That T/S list basically answers my question though.

Iso, cursed, wheat and tube are town. Kaze has started looking more town to me, mainly because he isn't posting so many love hearts anymore and actually providing posts with good info.

[b:
17390a0z]Slowpoke isn't scum, I think its just checkbox fucking up and being a mafia noob[/b]

imopen is our day one lynch, his responses are overreactions, deflections and just nonsense. I'm happy to vote him but I need a vote count please

This game is gonna be slow.
I dislike this post. :smiledown:

First off, sorry if I came off as a bit dickish in my "not reading the posts" part - I wanted to feel a bit cocky and made some bad assumptions.

But okay, glad I answered your question.

I want to question you on your bolded parts - what's your reasoning at why Iso, Wheat, TubeHunter, and I are town?

And what posts give you the impression that Slowpoke is "being a mafia noob"?

I don't like the "vote count please" from a mindset standpoint - the "I'm going to catch up today!" feels
exuberant and "fast", while the "I need a vote count" feels a bit "slow", from a mindset perspective.

...Don't know if that makes sense or not, but that's what set me off - it feels like you're coming in running then suddenly stopping.
I'm liking TubeHunter as Scum after his jump.

"Someone said one could be Town with other being Scum. Let's lynch one and see what they flip" is not a Town mentality. If TubeHunter flips Scum, then I wouldn't be surprised if both Slowpoke and imopen2 are Town.

unvote
Vote: TubeHunter

I'm still willing vote for Murphy as well.
I agree with this post. :thumbsup:

Stardust:[/b:
17390a0z] Thanks for your detailed analysis of Slowpoke's RVS posts. It makes sense to me and is extremely thorough. :toot:

I want to lynch Slowpoke today - his flip will give more insight into Captain Murphy's alignment and with Stardust's analysis he's the scummiest in my books by far. This post by imopen2 makes me a bit more cautious about him:

Can you point out some of my overreactions?

It's really amazing to me how so many people think I'm scum when I don't think I did anything scummy. Goes to show how much I still suck at this game I guess

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:34 am

Im not sure why agreeing with others is considered scummy.

I probably could've used some more tact, but my point still lines up with theirs.

Also, my play in mafia (at least so far) is based on gut feeling more than anything.

Im going to Unvote for now as I need to reevaluate some things. I feel like I am going about this all wrong and am missing some things I should be picking up on.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:40 am

hi

catching up
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:43 am

Considering there is apparently a metaphorical Iso Handbook that made his actions earlier this game readable to you, I think you can allow me the assumption that you're at least decent at reading him.

I look forward to you expounding upon this later.
The Iso Handbook

Page 1:

Burn this book.

There are no other pages.
Welcome Tubehunter, tell us something.
Sup, lurker?
I was wondering... you're quite experienced at this mafia-thing here, and we pretty much know each other since forever and shit, so I think I can ask you this question without being misunderstood:
I'll never be able to be as aggressive as you have been in other games, yet I find very difficult to call people scum without having good reads on them because, you know, I just feel bad.

I guess that's not a good thing, because it prevents me from contributing.
At the same time, I see people being very active without ever following up with any *real* content, except some "will post later" here and there - what's your opinion on that?
Why do you...feel bad...about playing Mafia aggressively?

I just can't comprehend that.
Asking questions and making accusations gets you reads, not the other way around. You can't put the cart before the horse like that, RedNihilist.
^, though I think the expression may be misused here.
I think as long as you can accurately back up your points, you'll be fine. After all, you don't get better when you don't try

I'm not coming after you, you look noob town enough for me. But others might not think the same way
So, when are you going to contribute?

-

I still like Pride
If Red is scum I'll eat my giant blue beribboned hat.

I'm
coasting while on V/LA.
I demand videos if/when this happens.
I'd love to hear some substantial reasoning for the townreads on RedNihilist.
^

I'm not sure what exactly he could have posted that Pride "agrees" with.

That aside, I think I'm fine with his T/S list.
It's fair enough that you don't wish to be aggressive. That's okay. There are plenty of people who are excellent scumhunters in this game who do so with much tact involved. That said, you cannot
deny the fact that you look like lurkScum right now.

You have nine posts this game thus far.

- One is a /confirm.
- The next is proclaiming your brain hurts and talking about the setup.
- Then a thank.
- Talking about me being aggressive and null.
- Telling me to get my shit together, and telling void to do stuff.
- Calling yourself stupid.
- A welcome.
- "I've got many lives, I've got to say."
- And another welcome.

You've contributed the least in this game.

And as for other people, my opinion on them is whatever right now. I'll get to them. But your deflection and finger-pointing makes me worry even more.
Nope, I just asked for advice.
I don't really know how you can read that as "finger-pointing", but I've got my answers so whatever ^_^
So...are you going to scumhunt?
Restated:

I don't think the dialogue between Slowpoke and imopen2 supports both of them being scum.

Slowpoke and imopen2 are not scum together due to their dialogue. Their dialogue does not support them being scumbuddies.

I said it two ways because I discovered it's actually kinda hard to make it sound right.
Walk me through it.
I don't think the dialogue between
Slowpoke and imopen2 supports both of them being scum.
I agree with this

The question is, who is the scum?

Guess we'll find out ^_^

Vote: Imopen
I'm really not fond of this line of thinking.

Setting up a situation where "One of these two are likely scum" makes it easy to push one to lynch one day and then flashwagon the other the next day if/when the first flips town. It's a destructive line of play. Associations are best left to Day 3 and later.

That's not to say I don't want imopen lynched, but yeah.
:thumbsup:

After your wagon dissipated, you started acting really townie.

Keep doing that.

-

@Murph: Why am I, Slowpoke, and Tube town/not scum?
@Captain Murphy:

- Your vociferous opinions against the nameclaim make me wary, still. You say that it's a waste of time because scum will just claim some name and hope it passes, but an experienced player such as yourself should know that there is a chance that scum could claim a name a townie has and get tripped up that way. You argument that "a game this flavored would have safeclaims" is invalid. Especially when the risk for town is so low and the risk for scum is so great.
- At 142 you state "rvs was over at that
point." You're saying RVS ends at the same time for everyone? Why do you think that's the case?
It was a waste of time that early in the game, I only ever like mass claims and gaming the mod from a few hundred proper posts. On top of that, creating flavor that can break a game open is generally bad and its a high possibility that they have falseclaims.

Its called random voting stage, once you get to the point that there is a non random vote, the stage is over.

@Cursed my question is probably too vague, but I was asking who 3 people you thought were scum. I have been reading your posts! That T/S list basically answers my question though.

Iso, cursed, wheat and tube are town. Kaze has started looking more town to me, mainly because he isn't posting so many love hearts anymore and actually providing posts with good info.

Slowpoke isn't scum, I think its just checkbox fucking up and being a mafia noob

imopen is our day one lynch, his responses
are overreactions, deflections and just nonsense. I'm happy to vote him but I need a vote count please

This game is gonna be slow.

It's really amazing to me how so many people think I'm scum when I don't think I did anything scummy. Goes to show how much I still suck at this game I guess
Why are you in denial that you did anything scummy? I don't think this is a town response - I think a townie would say, "Okay, I can understand why you might think that, but this is what I meant by it."

More votes on imopen.

"Someone said one could be Town with other being Scum. Let's lynch one and see what they flip" is not a Town mentality. If
TubeHunter flips Scum, then I wouldn't be surprised if both Slowpoke and imopen2 are Town.

unvote

But VOIIID. D: We can play with that toy on Day 2.

-

Thanks to Stardust for explaining why Slowpoke is scum, though it always distresses me when you don't think I'm scum. Can you sling some mud my way so I feel better about your alignment?
So red, got any actuall reads? Anyone who you think is scum?
Do you?
I get bad vibes from Void, Rezombad and Slowpoke.
I don't know if I want to add imopen2 to the list as well.

No strong reads from here, though.
Okay, but WHY?

I feel like I'm pulling goddamn teeth, here.

This must be how it feels to play with me. :slant:

-

Pride makes another big post I can't be arsed to quote so it just gets another :thumbsup: from me.

Wow, actually, a lot of his post is the post I'm making now. I feel slightly violated. But this guy is definitely town.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:46 pm

I probably could've used some more tact, but my point still lines up with theirs.

Also, my play in mafia (at least so far) is based on gut feeling more than anything.

Im going to Unvote for now as I need to reevaluate some things. I feel like I am going about this all wrong and am missing some things I should be picking up on.
Was this meant as an answer to my question? If so, you'll need more than that. Gut's fine, but you've got to reread and get something tangible out of that.

The Iso
Handbook

Page 1:

Burn this book.
Is this a reference to a weird book about a demon? Decent book, if so.
Thanks to Stardust for explaining why Slowpoke is scum, though it always distresses me when you don't think I'm scum. Can you sling some mud my way so I feel better about your alignment?
Maybe later. You being town is conditional on Slowpoke being scum, so let's lynch him first. Either I'm getting better at reading you, or you're scum, but either way I haven't seen anything I didn't like so far. Try breadcrumbing for no reason. That'll get me on your case. *winkwink*
Wow, actually, a lot of his post is the post I'm making now. I feel
slightly violated. But this guy is definitely town.
Just sayin', this sounds very similar to what you were saying about me in KNM. Just because someone agrees with you (or you agree with someone) doesn't make them town.

That said, I like Cursed Pride so far too, but he's clearly a pretty calculating player. I would expect his scum game to look pretty similar to how he's been playing here (in particular, it's easy for scum to hide behind logic), so he's definitely not "definitely town".
҉

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:53 pm

@iso: because Murphy didn't list any examples for me to respond to :shrug:

In this game when people accuse you of something, are you supposed to find examples for them and then agree that you did something wrong? I don't think that's how this works.

Anyways, I'm a bit on tilt in mafia right now due to events I can't discuss here. Might take a day off or something. Idk
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Enjoy your day off, then. When you get back, answer the question I asked in my catch-up post.
҉

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:06 pm

@stardust: the only thing I could fid that you might have been thinking of is this post from the end of page 2.
I'm not even surprised in the slightest.

My God, people. I've stated numerous times that RVS wagons are my favorite way to get out of RVS.

I...ugh. I'm trying so hard not to be abrasive this game. But you guys are making that rather difficult.
I appreciate your attempts to not be abrasive since you always seem scummy in my mind based on your playstyle, but the fact that you are not being abrasive so far and still seem scummy is telling. I'm going to hold my vote
since I'm not sure what the vote count is and I'm in a rush but I'd like to know what the town motivation is for voting a wagon for no reason.

I don't see any contradiction. In this post I said I was happy he was trying to adapt but that despite his attempts, he still seemed scummy.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:08 pm

That is, his change in playstyle is a null tell, anyone can try to change their play to be more or less aggressive etc., but his behavior in game (his votes etc) were still scummy to me.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Thanks. I think I like you as town. Likely Slowpoke buddy = Captain Murphy. But we should lynch Slowpoke first. I'll get to CM later.
҉

Wheat_Grinder
Newcomer

Postby Wheat_Grinder » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Reply to me, TubeHunter. Why do you agree with my thoughts on Slowpoke/imopen2?
The Iso Handbook

Page 1:

Burn this book.

There are no other pages.
Bullshit, I even showed you the Iso handbook.

...but then I burned it because it was wrong, SHIT.

I recognize you asked a question but I won't yet answer because I'm waiting until tomorrow when my schedule frees up a little again to answer a lot of questions and also because I want TubeHunter to respond to me first about that same question.

Slowpoke

Postby Slowpoke » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:13 pm

K, here's the catchup post
imopen2 and CM are looking very scummy focusing on some very clear RVS votes
If they were so clearly RVS then why do (at least) three other players not see it that way. So your vote was RVS too?
This is where I first saw imopen2 in a scummy light. This is after I already explained why the votes in question were RVS, and he continues to focus on them without giving reasoning other than "it didn't seem that way at the time." I'm really not sure what he was trying to get at here, but I kept up the charade to see how far he would
go off the cliff.
Maybe I don't understand what RVS is. Maybe you could explain it to me? Kaze's definition seems to be any number of votes (even if it puts the person at L-1) as long as RVS hasn't ended yet. My question is: how are we supposed to know when RVS ends? To me, it ends when there is more than 1 (maybe 2) vote(s) on a person due to a reason. My vote on iso was RVS. Rezombad's vote was not (IMO) because he was pointing out a "scumslip." I didn't see a scumslip so I unvoted. 3 other people, besides Rezombad, voted for iso. THAT IS NOT RVS! How am I the one being dumb? You guys are all trying to say it was RVS now but to me it feels like an attempt at a quicklynch, or at least a very misguided sheeping of Rezombad. Maybe I missed the humor of this wagon somehow but I really don't understand where you guys are coming from.

n@slowpoke: this is what I see that you said above: "I voted Iso because reasons, I just didn't feel like sharing those reasons."

It is called RANDOM VOTING STAGE, not SECRET REASONS PHASE.
And boy did he jump right off. Overreacts like crazy, continues to call rezombad's vote NOT RVS even though rezombad himself admitted he had no idea whether or not what Iso did was scummy.
Well, it wasn't "random", persay - but I did not vote him because I thought he was scummy and wanted him lynched.
How am I supposed to know that? What is the point of this game if we take people's word on whether they were
serious or not? What is scummy about me questioning you? I maintain that the votes following and including Rezombad's did not seem to be in the spirit of RVS. I'm not saying that makes all of you scum, but the idea that you guys can place 3rd, 4th, and (almost) 5th votes on people and then simply claim "RVS" is silly to me. I will read the article that kaze posted when I am not at work and perhaps it will change my mind, but that's how I see things right now.
"poor me, how am I supposed to know what you were thinking?!"

because this is mafia, that's the entire game. What is scummy about you questioning me is the fact that your questions have already been answered.
@Iso: My initial vote on you was just because I don't like your first posts. I also wanted to see everyone react to the additional pressure despite it being an RVS vote; we all clearly got some great information from that wagon. :shrug:
What information did you get from it?
You're not getting free reads that easy.
At least I got my obligatory "accuse Iso of being scum" post out of the way.
I hate hate hate this post.
@Slowpoke:

- Why the jump on my wagon? You gave
no reasoning at the time of your vote.
- Why do I sound truthful as of post 125? I must have made an impression upon you since it was enough to make you unvote me. Yet, you give no real reasons.
- I must disagree with 127. RVS should be taken seriously as should all of the game. Accountability and all that jazz.
- Talk to me about imopen. If you're town, you should be appealing to your fellow townies. Instead, you basically stick your tongue out at me.
- The jump on your wagon was because you wagon jumped for seemingly no reason. Then you explained yourself.
- The fact that you finally focused on hunting scum rather than OMGUSing helped your case quite a bit there.
- I may just be a n00b, but the reactions to RVS votes seem far more important than the votes themselves.
- imopen reasoning found above.
tubehunter, wheat,
and slowpoke: you all have yet to answer my questions. please do
If you're talking about questions I haven't answered above, please re-ask or point me to them.

CM: Why did you let off of me that easy?

:isthatso:

"Someone said one could be Town with other
being Scum. Let's lynch one and see what they flip" is not a Town mentality. If TubeHunter flips Scum, then I wouldn't be surprised if both Slowpoke and imopen2 are Town.

unvote

You're not wrong here, but he's certainly not the scummiest one around.

Stardust I was keeping the uncertainty there to see how far CM/imopen would follow their bogs "but they weren't RVS" push

Also, I DID get an answer before voting. Iso said "#rvsjokes". Whether or not I believed it is another question, but I did receive an answer before voting.

"It wasn't a real slip, etc" makes a lot of sense, because it is true. rezombad himself said he didn't know whether or not it was scummy, he was just in RVS with the rest of us. The fact that there are sample role PMs in the OP means whatever Iso did was intentional.

Also my
story never changed about my vote on Iso (as explained above). I wanted to see who would overreact, and imopen took that bait real hard.
I get bad vibes from Void, Rezombad and Slowpoke.
I don't know if I want to add imopen2 to the list as well.

No strong reads from here, though.

What about you?
278 posts in and you have no strong reads? :ugh:

So rather than give any reasoning for your jump, you just unvote and backtrack? That doesn't make you look any less scummy.

Slowpoke

Postby Slowpoke » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:15 pm

the "Can you point out some of my overreactions" part of my above post is supposed to be inside the imopen2 quote, as he said that.

Slowpoke

Postby Slowpoke » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:16 pm

and bogs = bogus. I should proofread more

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Stardust I was keeping the uncertainty there to see how far CM/imopen would follow their bogs "but they weren't RVS" push
But it wasn't bogus. You said yourself that there was a reason for your vote.
Also, I DID get an answer before voting. Iso said "#rvsjokes". Whether or not I believed it is another question, but I did receive an answer before voting.
So your question about Iso's slip was directed at Iso? No. You did not get a response. If you want to fall back on that, tell me exactly how Iso's response actually
answered your question.
"It wasn't a real slip, etc" makes a lot of sense, because it is true. rezombad himself said he didn't know whether or not it was scummy, he was just in RVS with the rest of us. The fact that there are sample role PMs in the OP means whatever Iso did was intentional.
I agree. Whether you were right or wrong is not my issue. It's the way you phrased that sentence - you weren't just pointing out facts, you were buddying to a townie.
Also my story never changed about my vote on Iso (as explained above). I wanted to see who would overreact, and imopen took that bait real hard.
Let me see if I've got this strait.
You lied about your RVS vote (saying it wasn't serious) to get imopen to come after you. When he did, claiming that it was obviously serious, you cried gotcha. Then you revealed that your RVS vote was actually serious, and was all a master plan to catch imopen in your trap. Did I get that right?
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Iso, so we can put this to bed, what was your thought process with this post? What were you hoping for here?
Vote Wheat :hi:

We should have a mass alignment claim.

I'll go first.

I'm Town.

Popcorn to Murphy.
҉

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:27 pm

278 posts in and you have no strong reads? :ugh:
What do you want me to say?
I'm slow :sweat:

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:38 pm

Iso, you said we could deal with it Day 2, but I'd like you to go into it now. What do you think of TubeHunter?
҉

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:47 pm

My vote on Iso had as much reasoning as any other RVS vote
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:48 pm

I voted him because I dont like his first posts in games, but I don't consider that a "real reason" - its as legit as me voting suga in newbie mafia for being my tryhsrd nemesis
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:54 pm

What didn't you like about Iso's posts?

Also, if your vote on him was nothing more than random, then what trap were you laying for imopen later? You'd already made it pretty clear that you considered your vote without reason. If that's the case, then where's the trap?

Mod! Vote that Checkbox replace Slowpoke in-game. It'll make things easier for everyone.
҉

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:01 pm

Damn it, I'm so sorry. I forgot again.
whisper words of wisdom

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:34 pm

The Iso Handbook

Page 1:

Burn this book.
Is this a reference to a weird book about a demon? Decent book, if so.
no
Maybe later. You being town is conditional on Slowpoke
being scum, so let's lynch him first. Either I'm getting better at reading you, or you're scum, but either way I haven't seen anything I didn't like so far. Try breadcrumbing for no reason. That'll get me on your case. *winkwink*
I'm totally NOT the Governor guys, wiiink
Wow, actually, a lot of his post is the post I'm making now. I feel slightly violated. But this guy is definitely town.
Just sayin', this sounds very similar to what you were saying about me in KNM. Just because someone agrees with you (or you agree with someone) doesn't make them town.
KN...KN...not ringing a bell. Which game was that? And no, I'm not saying "agreement = town", I'm saying "when this guy is posting what I'm about to post, and it's a wallpost, hes pretty obviously town".
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:38 pm

and bogs = bogus. I should proofread more
bogs binny

-

@Wheat: I anticipate your post.
Iso, so we can put this to bed, what was your thought process with this post? What were you hoping for here?
Vote Wheat :hi:

We should have a mass alignment claim.

I'll go first.

I'm Town[
/color]

Popcorn to Murphy.

I pushed for a massclaim of some sort in a game I played with pinkfloyd/Captain Murphy a couple of years ago and his response was, "Okay, let's do an alignment claim," and then he claimed town and I laughed hysterically at it.

It was an allusion to olden days of Mafia.

Iso, you said we could deal with it Day 2, but I'd like you to go into it now. What do you think of TubeHunter?

probably scum, but I like an imopen or Slowpoke lynch better toDay. Preferably imopen
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:41 pm

KN...KN...not ringing a bell. Which game was that? And no, I'm not saying "agreement = town", I'm saying "when this guy is posting what I'm about to post, and it's a wallpost, he's pretty obviously town".
Kaze's
Newbie Mafia. In which I was scum. And you had the exact same reaction when I posted what you were about to post (several times).

On the massclaim post, what about the formatting? Bold blue was just a random choice, or was there some intent there?
҉

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:43 pm

Oh, I forgot that. :/ @ KN

As for the massclaim post, I thought I recalled pf formatting his post in that manner, though I didn't really care to search the 37 threads on the Mafia sub where he's said the word "town" to figure it out. As for formatting, anyone can look at their own role PM or the OP and see that the bold's not included - which I obviously knew by my comment following regarding the bold tags being what initially messed up my post. As I've said before, any mod worth their salt formats town and scum PMs the exact same way.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:43 pm

*in the Mafia sub on Salvation
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:53 pm

YANNI! VOTECOUNT!

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:06 pm

@Void: can we have see a little more action from you?
I count 6 posts from you over the course of 8 pages / 14 days.

Half of those posts are "I'll post more in the near future", your first overall post is "CM is absolutely scum" and the last "TubeHunter is probably scum".

Now, you may be right, but I don't like this attitude.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Also: rezombad has been VERY active between the 26th and the 29th of October, then went on a non-explicit hiatus until the 2nd of November when he posted he would catch up on the following day.
I've yet to read the aforementioned post.

Is everything ok with him?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:36 pm

I'm catching up after some irl stuff. expect a post within the next 5 hours.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:40 pm

Okay Red, time to give us some content. You're pushing other people to contribute when you've given next to nothing yourself. I was happy to give you a Day 1 pass until now, but I think you'd better throw down a town/scum list with some general thoughts at least. If half the players are null because you have no read, that's fine, just do something yourself before pushing others for doing the same.
Oh, I forgot that. :/ @ KN
Why the :/ ?
҉

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Okay Red, time to give us some content. You're pushing other people to contribute when you've given next to nothing yourself. I was happy to give you a Day 1 pass until now, but I think you'd better throw down a town/scum list with some general thoughts at least. If half the players are null because you have no read, that's fine, just do something yourself before pushing others for doing the same.
I'll post your list before going to bed.
In the meanwhile I'd like to hear your takes on those two guys, if you don't mind.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:24 am

I have the flu, I promise I will get a votecount tomorrow.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:40 am

Red's continued lack of content bothers me.

I may even consider him over imopen for today's lynch.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:22 am

As per request:

Kaze

He's very active and taking everything as serious business.
Town vibes from him.

Cursed_Pride

I like his attitude, and I often found myself "emphatic" with his posts.
Leaning town.

Stardust

I'm always pleased to see you play, even after the way you cheated me in KNM.
Keep up with the good work.
Null tell.

Iso

He went for an early gamble about his formatting skills (he did so even in KN, if I remember correctly - does he ALWAYS come up with things like that?), then behaved in a fair way imho.
Null, but wanting him to be town.

Tubehunter - Suga

Suga was really, really, REALLY demotivated, imho, so I don't feel like being suspicious about his lack of posting because he was probably not really active for non-game related issues.
I feel like TubeHunter is not really applying for somebody who's trying to catch up, though.
Null tell.

Captain Murphy

nHe acts like he was the game to be played "properly".
That can be a good thing like not, but I quite like the thing.
He also says that flavor-claiming could be a bad thing because scum players might have been provided with false claims; now, I don't know how common is such practice, but while being against mass-claiming, I don't like this mental process too much - there's a voice in my head saying that scum players could just have NOT being provided false-flavor, forcing them to come up with some random excuse in order to avoid being forced to come up with some risky, false-flavor of their own.
I feel like that's not a strong read at all, so I'll just keep him in the null zone while keeping an eye on him.

imopen2

I've got negative vibes from him, and I seriously think that he's put too much effort in his case against Kaze.
Yet, I also feel like he may just have felt frustrated for how things where going, so I don't want to place him in the scum-bin for now.

Wheat_Grinder

nNo reads.
Feels very dodgy, I don't like it that much onestly.

Rezombad

He basically pushed Kaze's cart, then disappeared.
Leaning scum.

Void

He comes in, says things like "CM is scum" without any kind of further reasoning, then adds "Will post later" and disappears.
Over and over.
Maybe that's just his style, but I don't like it that much and it doesn't even seem to be working.
What is he trying to achieve?
Leaning scum.

Slowpoke

He his accustomed to taking actions without motivating them because "You're not getting free reads that easy" (sic).
I feel like that keeping his motives hidden like that is very untownie.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:25 am

@RedNihilist:

- How is activity/serious demeanor a towntell?
- What of cursed_pride's posts are you empathetic with?
- Why are you hardcore buddying Stardust and not giving any real read on him?
- What is "fair" about Iso's play?
- "He acts like he was the game to be played 'properly'." Explain to me what this means, please.
- Why the "negative vibes from imopen?
- Why is "too much effort" a scumtell?
- You claim rezombad is scummy for "disappearing." Didn't you just say "too much effort" is scummy...? What is up?
- Why is Void scum, exactly? It sounds like you just don't like his playstyle. Is that alignment indicative?

I must say RedNihilist, you fence-sit on roughly 90% of your reads. It looks to me like you don't want to make enemies.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:41 am

Going to office (it's 8.36 CET), I'll answer later.
Feel free to add anything.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:34 am

- How is activity/serious demeanor a towntell?
I'd expect a scum player to hide his activity and/or try to befriend townies in order to pull their asses around; I feel like I can trust a player who manages to be active AND puts pressure on everyone indiscriminately, for the moment.
- What of cursed_pride's posts are you empathetic with?
Remember me to answer to this more in detail later, I can't really dig them up at the moment.
- Why are you hardcore buddying Stardust and not giving any real read on him?
I like the way he plays. I've got burnt by trusting him in KNM.
I've got no read on him, but just skipping him from the list altogether would have been way worse, I guess.
- What is "fair" about Iso's play?
That's just an impression of mine.
- "He acts like he was the game to be played 'properly'." Explain to me what this means, please.
Have you ever heard of a game called Go / Igo / Baduk / Wei'qi?
You'd find lots of players who care a lot about properly sequencing plays and
keeping a good shape.
CM gives me this kind of feeling, but I don't know if that is just him being ObCom or some kind of scummy excuse to try to control the flow of the game.
- Why the "negative vibes from imopen?
Gut feeling.
- Why is "too much effort" a scumtell?
We're still talking of imopen, right? I just feel like he's pushed too hard your wagon without having good arguments to do so.
Also, I think I've stated that it struck me in the wrong way, but I'm not labeling as scum, so I don't really get what you're trying to get at here.
- You claim rezombad is scummy for "disappearing." Didn't you just say "too much effort" is scummy...? What is up?
Before disappearing he did push your wagon, though... then he's lost interest.
Just tell me I'm the only one around feeling suspicious about such an uneven effort distribution by his part.
- Why is Void scum, exactly? It sounds like you just don't like his playstyle. Is that alignment indicative?
I think I've tried my best to avoid reads based on my likings of the subject's playstyle (ref: Stardust), but Void's behaviour strikes me bad on multiple levels.
I've also tried to ask you an opinion on the matter in a previous post (without explicitly saying his name, though), if I
remember correctly.

Return to “Completed Games”